njpilot

Lautenberg Dead

Does Christie appoint or does the State Senate Majority Leader?

Christie appoints. My concern has been that after Christie won election, during the lame duck session, Dems talked of passing a law that said he would have to appoint someone from the same party. Never heard that it actually happened.

Bet the rotten SOB will still figure out a way to serve out his term...  Sorry, this man disrespected us and trampled our rights for so many years I can not be anything other than happy we are finally rid of the crypt keeper.  I guess Paula Dow will be our next Senator?

Automatic "yeah" post mortem proxy votes for future & pending anti-gun legislation.

Corey Booker, frontrunner.

Yeah, but not until 2014. Don't know if there would be a special election before then. Hopefully Christie appoints someone decent that can get known between now and Nov 14 and maybe win.

I know, we are in NJ, but one could hope.

I don't see why not, death normally does not affect a Democrat's voting record!  Sorry, couldn't resist.

My father still get absentee ballots

He was a WWII Combat veteran and a Jew, a member of the Greatest Generation.  A guy who helped liberate the world from Pure Evil.

ua2ck.jpg

Yis'ga'dal v'yis'kadash sh'may ra'bbo, b'olmo dee'vro chir'usay v'yamlich malchu'say, b'chayaychon uv'yomay'chon uv'chayay d'chol bais Yisroel, ba'agolo u'viz'man koriv; v'imru Omein.

Y'hay shmay rabbo m'vorach l'olam ul'olmay olmayo.

Yisborach v'yishtabach v'yispoar v'yisromam v'yismasay, v'yishador v'yis'aleh v'yisalal, shmay d'kudsho, brich hu, l'aylo min kl birchoso v'sheeroso, tush'bechoso v'nechemoso, da,ameeran b'olmo; vimru Omein.

Y'hay shlomo rabbo min sh'mayo, v'chayim alaynu v'al kol Yisroel; v'imru Omein.

Oseh sholom bimromov, hu ya'aseh sholom olaynu, v'al kol yisroel; vimru Omein.

Respects paid.  Now let's hit the range.

http://njlaw.rutgers.edu/collections/njstats/showsect.php?title=19&chapter=3&section=26&actn=getsect

Chapter 3: Public offices, party offices and public questions classified

Section: 19:3-26: Vacancies in United States senate; election to fill; temporary appointment by governor.

19:3-26. If a vacancy shall happen in the representation of this State in the United States senate, it shall be filled at the general election next succeeding the happening thereof, unless such vacancy shall happen within 70 days next preceding such election, in which case it shall be filled by election at the second succeeding general election, unless the governor of this State shall deem it advisable to call a special election therefor, which he is authorized hereby to do.

The governor of this State may make a temporary appointment of a senator of the United States from this State whenever a vacancy shall occur by reason of any cause other than the expiration of the term; and such appointee shall serve as such senator until a special election or general election shall have been held pursuant to law and the Board of State Canvassers can deliver to his successor a certificate of election.

amended 2011, c.37, s.37.

As I read the statute, Christie appoints a successor, but whomever he appoints only serves until November, unless that person is elected in November. This is a wild card both as to whom Christie appoints and is a wild card for the general election in November. There are multiple directions Christie might go with this.

No doubt the Governor's office door is tightly closed right at this moment. I would love to be a fly on the wall.

Christie appoints. My concern has been that after Christie won election, during the lame duck session, Dems talked of passing a law that said he would have to appoint someone from the same party. Never heard that it actually happened.

Send Jeff van drew

He was a WWII Combat veteran and a Jew, a member of the Greatest Generation.  A guy who helped liberate the world from Pure Evil.

ua2ck.jpg

Yis'ga'dal v'yis'kadash sh'may ra'bbo, b'olmo dee'vro chir'usay v'yamlich malchu'say, b'chayaychon uv'yomay'chon uv'chayay d'chol bais Yisroel, ba'agolo u'viz'man koriv; v'imru Omein.

Y'hay shmay rabbo m'vorach l'olam ul'olmay olmayo.

Yisborach v'yishtabach v'yispoar v'yisromam v'yismasay, v'yishador v'yis'aleh v'yisalal, shmay d'kudsho, brich hu, l'aylo min kl birchoso v'sheeroso, tush'bechoso v'nechemoso, da,ameeran b'olmo; vimru Omein.

Y'hay shlomo rabbo min sh'mayo, v'chayim alaynu v'al kol Yisroel; v'imru Omein.

Oseh sholom bimromov, hu ya'aseh sholom olaynu, v'al kol yisroel; vimru Omein.

Respects paid.  Now let's hit the range.

You give good Kaddish.

He was an enemy of the State who worked tirelessly to usurp our freedoms and to make criminals of us all.  By his actions, it appears he loathed our freedoms and liberties, and betrayed the very notions upon which this nation was founded.  

I will not pay him any respects because he is a man most undeserving of them.

Puting his destructive politics aside,  the man embodies the American dream.

Frank Lautenberg was born Jan, 23, 1924 in Paterson, N.J. to Polish and Russian Jewish immigrants who had entered America through Ellis Island. As a child, Lautenberg moved often as his parents looked for work. His father Sam worked in silk mills, sold coal, farmed and ran a tavern. Sam died when Frank was in high school, so Frank began working nights to support the family.

After graduating from high school, Lautenberg joined the Army Signal Corps and served in Europe. After World War II, he attended Columbia University on the G.I. Bill and received a degree in economics in 1949.

In 1952, Lautenberg and two childhood friends founded the nation's first payroll services company, called Automatic Data Processing, where he was chairman and CEO. By the mid-1990s, ADP employed 30,000 people and processed payroll for almost 10 percent of private sector jobs in the United States. Thanks to ADP, Lautenberg's net worth is somewhere around $40 million...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/frank-lautenberg-d-nj/gIQAPn8CAP_topic.html#at-a-glance

Puting his destructive politics aside,  the man embodies the American dream.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/frank-lautenberg-d-nj/gIQAPn8CAP_topic.html#at-a-glance

For a man that seemed to have worked hard and been a witness to the horrors in WWII im surprised he turned out to be a democrat.