bravozulu14

Home Invasion in Millburn, NJ caught on tape

I work on the border of Millburn and Short Hills. I also live 10 minutes away. Even though this is a nice area. It is incredibly easy for the scumbags of Newark and Irvington to get rt. 24 or 78 and get to places like Millburn, do their damage, and go right back.

agree with OP. yet another reason to home carry. ......anyone walk around there house with a holstered weapon ready to roll? curious..

I keep it in a quick access safe ready to rock. I'll tell you that it was on the hip during Sandy (and the month after).

Makes my blood boil. Sooner they catch him the better.  Interesting to see what the other prisoners do to him once they learn he is a woman beater. Child molestors and rapists are not well received in our penal system and are made an example of by other inmates.

happens all the time

You should have been an 83 year old woman living alone in the Bronx in the 70's

Left all alone with the kids living where you guys live.

Woman was very lucky that nothing else was done to her or her child.

she was dragged into a different room..... I haven't seen a story to go with the video, but I would image something else was done to her.

as for a kitchen knife... you need to be in very close proximity to the invader... that guy looks like he could very easily disarm her if she was trying to stab him. 

I work on the border of Millburn and Short Hills. I also live 10 minutes away. Even though this is a nice area. It is incredibly easy for the scumbags of Newark and Irvington to get rt. 24 or 78 and get to places like Millburn, do their damage, and go right back.

Millburn is the car theft capital of NJ.  Steal a car on Rt124 near Short Hills, be in a garage in Irvington or Newark in 6 minutes.  My wife and her friend both had their cars stolen one day from their office (next to Benihana).  They had to wait to file a police report because there was a line of people with the same problem.

I don't know if it is still true, but Short Hills Mall used to lose 10-20 cars A DAY at the peak of car theft, around 1994.  I don't know if it's gotten better or worse, but parking at the Short Hills Mall is like buying a lottery ticket with 1 in 100 odds that you lose your car.  Again, 8 minutes into Newark on an Interstate highway.

After stealing my car, it got wrecked, and I saw the wrecked car in the junkyard (they let me recover my stuff).  I found a big keychain belonging to the thieves along with other things that probably could have lead the cops to them, but the cops don't really care so much about car theft.

Later that night, cops woke me up at 2am at my door.  They were chasing my car through the streets of Newark, and I guess they were coming to find the owner.  I told them I was pretty sure it wasn't my car, since I had seen my car with blown airbags and broken axles earlier.  So, they had taken the license plates off my car after the crash and put them on another car just like it!    I told the cop that this was pretty smart, and he gave me one of the best lines I've heard to this day.

"They're not stupid, sir, just mis-applied."  I like that.

Thanks for sharing Bravozulu, and sending out mental thanks to the victim for sharing that video.  I work and live in the area as well and it's true and concur with earlier posters - all the high net worth communities that are immediately off of Rt. 24/Rt. 78 are vulnerable to this.  I've even picked up some banged up LEO's as a volunteer EMT in my town after they played bumper cars with an auto theft gang.

I detest the Short Hills mall but am occasionally dragged there by the GF; I'm always in condition yellow at that place, and always park in the garage where the only exit is a slow corkscrew ramp out.

I just hope that no one dare step out of line and mention that the black community is in dire need of both societal reassessment and also accountability. Apparently most either don't care or are scared to speak out, and certainly no one will demand better for all of us.  Fact is that "people" just like him terrorize the innocent every day and no one will say so because we don't want to hurt their feelings.

Brilliant strategy, one which is clearly working out well for the country as a whole indeed.

He seemed to know the house pretty well(went to cellar stairs dragging her).  They had a camera monitor.  Maybe they had a baby sitter that had a "friend" visit when the sitter was there and the baby was asleep?

the updated version of the video with reporter commentary and longer video...

this line jumped out at me like a damn supernova

“Attacked by an intruder who did not care she was unarmed.”

This is the mindset of gun grabbers.  Rapists and thugs will not attack you if you are unarmed, they will leave you be and look for a more fair fight....

My brain near melted down at that statement.

the updated version of the video with reporter commentary and longer video...

this line jumped out at me like a damn supernova

“Attacked by an intruder who did not care she was unarmed.”

This is the mindset of gun grabbers.  Rapists and thugs will not attack you if you are unarmed, they will leave you be and look for a more fair fight....

My brain near melted down at that statement.

wow to that statement......so ass backwards

I just hope that no one dare step out of line and mention that the black community is in dire need of both societal reassessment and also accountability. Apparently most either don't care or are scared to speak out, and certainly no one will demand better for all of us.  Fact is that "people" just like him terrorize the innocent every day and no one will say so because we don't want to hurt their feelings.

Brilliant strategy, one which is clearly working out well for the country as a whole indeed.

????