EWC88

Who goes out on Black Friday?

So was curious to see how many members go out shopping on Black Friday, or really Thanksgiving day since a lot of stores open then. I personally have never gone out that day to shop but was considering it this year. Anyone plan on going and if so where?

I've gone once before (3 years ago). Picked up a TV, a GPS and an xbox.

I'll probably go to Dick's this year if there aer any good deals on long guns. I'm still mad that I missed the Maverick 88 they were selling last year ($160).

They also had a Ruger 10/22 for $180 and a Remington 700 SPS Varmint for $350.

I was debating on just doing it online but do you get the same deals?

Not always.  Sometimes you get better deals online but now most places charge tax too so it's kind of a moot point.

Sometimes there will be different items online that will be worth it as well.

If you do decide to go out, check out websites like http://www.bfads.net - they will have the ads scanned and posted before they come out so you can plan appropriately.

Never. We have been driving to Montreal every black Friday for several years  now to spend the weekend somewhere far from the base and embarrassing spectacle of fools lining up in the cold and dark to purchase more stuff they frequently don't need or can't afford.

After many years in retail,even if our quarter depended of the sales on black Friday and beyond, no one likes working on that day and largely consider the rabid hoards of "shoppers" little more than cattle...more often than not... rightly so.

My wife and I shop on line and skip the wholesale frenzy of the mall while not only enjoying most of the same savings but also the convenience of having it shipped to our door.

Never. We have been driving to Montreal every black Friday for several years  now to spend the weekend somewhere far from the base and embarrassing spectacle of fools lining up in the cold and dark to purchase more stuff they frequently don't need or afford.

After many years in retail,even if our quarter depended of the sales on black Friday and beyond, no one likes working on that day and largely consider the rabid hoards of "shoppers" little more than cattle...more often than not... rightly so.

My wife and I shop on line and skip the wholesale frenzy of the mall while not only enjoying some of the same savings but also the convenience of having it shipped to our door.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Excellent post Duppie!  I feel the same way about the hoards.  Even watched (on tv) a security guard get killed a few years back by the animals.

When I had my business, some potential customers would want to schedule a "look-see" to view my work.  They either arrived LATE or didn't arrive at all, and since they never phoned ahead to warn me, the Biatches felt so sorry for screwing me that they were too embarrassed to ever call back to reschedule.  I actually got more business by CLOSING for 4 days, because the idiots that would have been a "No-call, No-show" actually showed-up to an appointment the next week and often booked.  The public is FICKLE and thinks that everybody should be on their phone 20 hours a day.  F-em!

My wife doesn't enjoy crowds.  She shops for months prior, often hiding stuff around the house where I don't go lookin', so all is peaceful here!!!!!!!!

On Thanksgiving, all I want to see open are gas stations like a Wawa:  gas, snacks and coffee is all I need.  Everybody else (except for emergency personnel) should be HOME!  My idea of Black Friday is seeing black bullseyes on paper targets (which I penetrate with HOT LEAD) and then going home for turkey sandwiches!  LOL!

Dave

I went once. Friend wanted me to go to Deptford mall with him. Almost got into a couple fights. Besides that, I'd go again. Wasn't that bad, just normal mall business but at 4 in the morning. Only thing that killed me was waiting in line, waiting for a store to open. 

No F'ing way.  I hate malls and avoid them on almost all days, not about to go to one when all the crowds are there.  Amazon is my friend :)

+1

I remember one year it took me about 30 minutes to find a parking spot at Garden State Plaza and by the time I actually got into the mall, I was done! Worst shopping day of my life! Since then I've just done all my shopping online. I would gladly pay an extra $5, $10 or even $20 extra to have items just arrive at my doorstep than having to deal with all that craziness.

I got into a ridiculous situation a few years ago and ended up getting into an altercation. After that, I just shop online but only buy things I need that are drastically reduced in price.

This year my gf and I will probably look at a couch and a vacuum.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Excellent post Duppie!  I feel the same way about the hoards.  Even watched (on tv) a security guard get killed a few years back by the animals.

When I had my business, some potential customers would want to schedule a "look-see" to view my work.  They either arrived LATE or didn't arrive at all, and since they never phoned ahead to warn me, the Biatches felt so sorry for screwing me that they were too embarrassed to ever call back to reschedule.  I actually got more business by CLOSING for 4 days, because the idiots that would have been a "No-call, No-show" actually showed-up to an appointment the next week and often booked.  The public is FICKLE and thinks that everybody should be on their phone 20 hours a day.  F-em!

My wife doesn't enjoy crowds.  She shops for months prior, often hiding stuff around the house where I don't go lookin', so all is peaceful here!!!!!!!!

On Thanksgiving, all I want to see open are gas stations like a Wawa:  gas, snacks and coffee is all I need.  Everybody else (except for emergency personnel) should be HOME!  My idea of Black Friday is seeing black bullseyes on paper targets (which I penetrate with HOT LEAD) and then going home for turkey sandwiches!  LOL!

Dave

Thanks Rosey....

The wife and I prefer to spend the weekend with our civilized friends in the great white north where their day after Thanksgiving is largely spent with family,food,drink and sleep, not fighting some harried parent for the last inane video game so their Johnny can further withdraw from society for the next 3 months.

I find it all so obscene and unnecessary.