millsan1

Voting with my feet, sad but happy

Well, NJ has finally done it to me.  I am moving out of state.  PA to be exact.

It hurts me to have to leave the state I love.  I am a born and bred Jersey guy.  I love the state, but hate the politics, taxes and anti 2A stance of our government.

I put up the good fight, but at this point, NJ government can kiss my backside.

I am only moving 15 minutes into our neighbor to the west.  That 15 minutes is getting me freedom, a house on 15 acres for half the cost of my condo in Jersey City and real estate taxes that are a third.

I am excited to be able to move back to a rural town, as I have been a city dweller for the past decade or so.  I very much wanted to stay in NJ, but for the above mentioned reasons, I am going to PA.

I just can't take the state anymore.

I will still be around at OB shooting matches, etc, so you won't get a chance to miss me, but the state won't be getting my income tax, real estate tax, nor fees for purchases of firearms.

My first purchase when I move to PA is going to be standard capacity mags for some of my neutered guns.  Because F U (NJ government) that's why.

Good luck in your endeavor.  I am just off the Route 80 corridor near the PA border.  If I knew then, what I know now, I would not have stopped where I did.  If your going to the Poconos shoot me a PM, if you have any questions.  Spend a lot a time there.

Man, just because you didn't get elected you're going to split............... Guess it's a good thing for you, no ties to this Anti-2A state! I plan on making the journey to Free America within the next 10 years. I plan on moving my business, I will not commute back to this place once I leave, except to hangout with our shooting buddies!

Thanks guys.  I put the old grade school try here. 

I will refrain from posting pics of me enjoying all the new toys I can now legally buy.

And yes, I am looking forward to riding the GS on some more fun stuff.  I am already eying some track through the property I am going to make into a riding area.......

Well, NJ has finally done it to me.  I am moving out of state.  PA to be exact.

I am only moving 15 minutes into our neighbor to the west.  That 15 minutes is getting me freedom, a house on 15 acres for half the cost of my condo in Jersey City and real estate taxes that are a third.

..., but the state won't be getting my income tax, real estate tax, nor fees for purchases of firearms.

My first purchase when I move to PA is going to be standard capacity mags for some of my neutered guns.  Because F U (NJ government) that's why.

I envy you in a way you can't imagine.

Good luck.

I think in time once they have a good firm grip on the necks of us Jerseians they'll be coming for PA. Hopefully our neighbors win the battle, and you don't just end up in the same situation over there that you were trying to escape. But for now congrats ...enjoy the freedom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats. I am planning a move as well but in going south.

I would stay away from the poconos. Good for a weekend house but not to live in year round. Also agree with jimmy Agr. I'd get a can right away.

Living the dream.Good for you.

I bought a home out there 20 years ago which I still own. I always dreamed of retiring there. I still might.But my area is now known as Brooklyn west :(

So I'm going to start searching other areas as the Pocono's are shot.

Yeah not Poconos. Riegelsville. Just across the river and a world apart.Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your move.

Stop by Bill's Gun Shop right off 611

Contact Info:

Bills Gun Shop

(610) 294-9268

5 Bridge Five Ln

Pipersville, PA. 18947

I think in time once they have a good firm grip on the necks of us Jerseians they'll be coming for PA. Hopefully our neighbors win the battle, and you don't just end up in the same situation over there that you were trying to escape. But for now congrats ...enjoy the freedom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly,  you do not know how right you are.