Albanian

Thread slain by SCOTUS.

EDC = Every Day Carry

I have been searching online like a kid in a candy shop. Here is to hoping my hopes aren't dashed against the ground and SCOTUS forces NJ to allow CCW.

I am thinking 9MM and that has been the focus of my search, either 9mm or 45. I am trying to decide whether higher capacity 9mm (10+ rounds) is more appropriate for me than lower capacity but better self-defense ballistics of 45. I lean toward 9mm because from what I have read the ballistic differences are not as large as some say and the fact that practice time at the range for me is limited, once every two to three months usually and only a few hundred rounds each of those trips. Meaning my accuracy isn't the best and having more rounds would be better for me.

From most liked to less liked but definitely still possible.

Beretta 92C

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/92-compact-with-rail-inox/

M&P9c

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_766222_-1_757954_757781_757781_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Sig P250 Compact

https://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p250-compact.aspx

LH9NC (for the unique snowflake in me)

http://www.lionheartindustries.com/lh9nc/#.U10i9Vc62Uk

Ruger SR9c

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr9c/models.html

Of course there are more, but those were the ones I've been eyeing consistently.

If I went 45, I feel like I'd want a compact 1911 and nothing else lol

How about you guys?

When I can carry out of state my 9mm shield is great. Caliber and capacity debates are great and all but if I do my job with the gun then 9mm and 8 rounds with a reload is all I need. Now when I can open carry I like my 686+ loaded with 7 hornady critical defense and a speed strip in my pocket

this signature exceeds the 15 character count capacity

I'd probably get a medium framed 9mm.  Nothing big and clunky or so small it feels like a toy.  I doubt I'd carry often, only if I had to go somewhere like Camden or Newark.

Better add a lot more than those two to the list....

So I am in this precise position right now. 

As I have detailed at some length, I just moved to FL.  I am in the process of applying for my CCW (you need to do some stuff, including a class, and the earliest I could get into a class is next Sunday, and I believe i am all good [other than the final fee=paying] after the class and can send it week following this coming up.).

Also if I haven't admitted, it's very tough financially moving [as many probably know].  I thought I would buy myself a moving present gun right away ...I wanted to get either a Sig P226 MK25 or a 1911, probably a Springfield Loaded.  I had assumed I would just buy a CCW gun (Most likely a Glock 27 to go with the G23 I have) when my permit comes in, hopefully 90 days they are saying. (So probably sometime in August).  But that may or may not be possible who knows what money will be like then.  So I am starting to go back and forth like maybe I should be thinking different.  There was a nice 15% off all Sig Sauers @ Euro Optic, and i was looking at the Sig M11-A1 Desert, which was equal in price to the great deal on Mk25's some other place is having (~~ $775) ..BUT I really want a full size gun.  (* I really want the 1911, am leaning more to the P226 because of 9mm ammo costs and because the Sig is all ready to go, out of the box, perfect, whereas the 1911 even a Loaded may need some babying and upgrading, right away and or down the road).

I keep telling myself, I can always carry my Glock 23, because while i might be a little 'bored' with it, many people do carry a G23 every day and others would be very excited and happy to... and I Figure I can always alternate, G23 a few days , Sig/1911 once in a while.  But I will say, when I go out on my property with my Dog or around the house, sometimes i wish I had a G27 or baby gun to just tuck away for a bit, so I can see the reason people go for real CCW-designed subcompacts.

It's tough.  Plus you figure ammo costs and availability, overall costs of purchasing plus ownership, comfort, and even a little "cool/wow' factor, I wind up spinning my head in circles lol.

I did a little swapping at EFGA about a week ago.  Gentleman in the port next to me had an SR9c and an older S&W 357 (not sure which model).  He tried out my Ruger GP100 & CZ 75B while I checked his out.  i liked the SR9c.  Fit my hand nice and seemed to be accurate for the 3 mags I ran through it.  He said it had been very reliable and he liked it a lot.  It was his carry gun.  He lives in PA.  He also liked the 17 round capacity in a carry gun.

i would also look at CZ compact.  14 rounds of tack driving goodness:

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-compact/

Ive carried so many guns in different holsters. I am constantly changing. Started with a p250 compact, then a kahr cm9, xd sc 9, para tac 5 is my current official carry but some cycling issues have it back in the evaluation stages until I feel comfortable with iits reliability again. I want to get an xds 9 to replace my cm9 which I have up for sale. I even carry a small j frame at times in an ankle holster for a backup on duty. Have yet to find the most comfortable setup

All seriousness aside, I will hope that my Ruger SP101 in .357 magnum or .38 sp, and the experience gained by shooting 2000 rounds through it, will see me through. When that runs out (5 rounds) I'll turn to my ever-trusty, never failing German Makarov, which NEVER fails. 9 more rounds. If by some miracle we get good news in the fall I'll get a short-barrel GP100. If by then I'm still in trouble by then I'll get on my knees and pray.