Krdshrk

American Sniper movie trailer

Saw a blurb on the news this morning. They said Speilberg was originally considered to direct, but there was concern with his politics.

Not a huge fan of Cooper. They said he met Kyle once and told him to " trust" him to tell his story.

Reading the book now as well.

Cooper said in an interview that he had only "met" Chris Kyle via a quick phone call. 

But his heart seems to be in the right place.

Saw a blurb on the news this morning. They said Speilberg was originally considered to direct, but there was concern with his politics.

Not a huge fan of Cooper. They said he met Kyle once and told him to " trust" him to tell his story.

Reading the book now as well.

which is weird because i saw a quote with cooper telling how the story is a wake up call for a discussion on more gun control and veteran mental health issues

Has anyone seen this yet or planning to see this when it's released this weekend? I heard Cooper's interview on Stern last week and it's motivated me to actually go see this in the theater. Cooper and Eastwood approached this film as a character study only and not as a platform on any political or social issues.

I've watched it twice.  For what it's worth, it is a decent movie.  It wasn't just an action movie, like Lone Survivor was.  American Sniper (the movie) did a good job of ALSO portraying the family struggles that he and his wife dealt with.  There were however a couple parts that weren't exactly how Chris Kyle told them in his book.  All in all, they weren't huge inconsistencies, and none of them decreased the quality of the movie.  Cooper did a pretty decent job acting, considering the roles he normally plays.  All in all, it's worth seeing.

Meh. I'm not all that impressed:

-Claimed 225 kills; Navy says 160

-Claimed he killed 2 carjackers in Texas; no record with the medical examiner, local LE, newspapers, witnesses, etc.

-Claimed he killed ~30 looters in New Orleans during Katrina, again no record, plus "a spokesman for U.S. Special Operations Command (or SOCOM) said, "To the best of anyone's knowledge at SOCOM, there were no West Coast SEALs deployed to Katrina." Kyle’s recollection, he claimed, "defies the imagination."

-And of course the lie about punching Jesse Ventura.

Maybe it's a good movie, but that dude told so many lies I just can't be bothered.

I've watched it twice.  For what it's worth, it is a decent movie.  It wasn't just an action movie, like Lone Survivor was.  American Sniper (the movie) did a good job of ALSO portraying the family struggles that he and his wife dealt with.  There were however a couple parts that weren't exactly how Chris Kyle told them in his book.  All in all, they weren't huge inconsistencies, and none of them decreased the quality of the movie.  Cooper did a pretty decent job acting, considering the roles he normally plays.  All in all, it's worth seeing.

thats gonna erck me a bit, but im sure it will be entertaining. I'm not sure how i feel about the possible embellishments in the book. It doesn't really take away from the story for me, thankfully

I'm not sure they were embelished. The book was much more detailed. The movie was a lot of cut to the chase... Not much fluff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always look at it this way.. A picture is worth a 1000 words. How it's interpreted are 2 different things. I tend to believe the book more though. It was meant to be his bio and movies, well you know how they are. It would have to be a documentary to even be close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

-Claimed he killed 2 carjackers in Texas; no record with the medical examiner, local LE, newspapers, witnesses, etc.

-Claimed he killed ~30 looters in New Orleans during Katrina, again no record, plus "a spokesman for U.S. Special Operations Command (or SOCOM) said, "To the best of anyone's knowledge at SOCOM, there were no West Coast SEALs deployed to Katrina." Kyle’s recollection, he claimed, "defies the imagination."

Maybe it's a good movie, but that dude told so many lies I just can't be bothered.

I could be wrong, but I believe with his killings that he killed the 225, but 160 were documented which makes it a confirmed kill. I either read or watched it somewhere that for it to be a confirmed kill they needed to document everything (weather, day, time, location, etc) and also need someone else their to witness the kill. So he has 160 that were documented and also witnessed, but he had 225 kills total so those extra 65 didn't have proper documentation.

As I said I could be wrong but I know I read/ watch that somewhere.

I remember reading the part of Jesse Ventura (think he called him "Scruffy Face" in the book) but don't recall the car jacking or looter claims.  Were these comments he made some where?

Saw it last night...IMO very well done..not over the top in any aspect...tells the story very respectfully..i think its definitely worth seeing...without spoiling anything I will say the fact that the audience didnt move when the credits were rolling said alot..and it was dead silent when it was over and people were filing out

Effing A! I wasn't prepared for that ending either especially who was there. :secret::crying:

Saw it last night...IMO very well done..not over the top in any aspect...tells the story very respectfully..i think its definitely worth seeing...without spoiling anything I will say the fact that the audience didnt move when the credits were rolling said alot..and it was dead silent when it was over and people were filing out