Howard

Poll:Protesting for gun rights in front of Sweeney's house -VOTE NOW!!!

NJ.com is at it again wanting to know if we should be able to exercise our first amendment rights to protest in front of Steven the pig Swiney (Sweeney's) house.  The other side is winning right now so please go vote that we should be able to protest on the street.

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2015/06/poll_should_protesters_be_allowed_to_picket_sweene.html

This is simple in my mind.  If you granted us representation in the statehouse we wouldn't bring it to your house, but you refuse to give us audience, and whatever audience you do give is only the minimum and you're really not interested in hearing an opposing side of anything, so, in that case, it's in your face protest.  As long as the protest doesn't harm anyone, impede traffic, and is quiet and respectful, I'm all for it.

done

was

608 allowing protesting

688 against protesting

Now...

702   718 725  725 732 741 796 818 For

728  734  747  Against

Plus..  150 say yes if it's a public official. 

Can you tell I want to be at work about as much I as I want to stick a fork in my eye?

I'm still on the fence about it. I agree the man is a scumbag just like ALL politicians.

I try to put myself in everyone's shoes and if guys were in front of my house harassing me I would probably tell them all to get in a line for a beating. I know if it was alot of youze guys you would probably be on your porch with your fogudeshu blaster saying "Step on my lawn and lose a foot!"

On the other hand if this pice of shit is making laws that can make me a felon in my own home we should be able to harass him at his home.

But then on the 3rd hand he is not the one that banned CCW in this dookie shoot state, its been that way since before he was even born.

Should Moms Demand, Anytown, etc be able to protest the home of a gun store owner? Should Westboro folks be able to protest the home of a soldier?

As much as I despise Sweeney for his politics and smarmy attitude, I can't completely ignore that side of the discussion

Should Moms Demand, Anytown, etc be able to protest the home of a gun store owner? Should Westboro folks be able to protest the home of a soldier?

As much as I despise Sweeney for his politics and smarmy attitude, I completely ignore that side of the discussion

YES!!!! MDA, WBC, KKK, Black Panthers, etc ALL have the Right to peacefully assemble. Not to attack, not harass but to demonstrate.

YES!!!! MDA, WBC, KKK, Black Panthers, etc ALL have the Right to peacefully assemble. Not to attack, not harass but to demonstrate.

True. But I know I would be pissed if folks were protesting outside my home.

What I don't like about this situation is that Sweeney made a phone call and this got fast tracked. Do you think that would happen for anyone else? Sweeney may be right from a "right to privacy" vs "right to protest" perspective, but he's doing it for the wrong, personal, reason and abusing his clout to slam it through.

Peaceful protests on any public space should never be infringed unless it infringes the rights of others. That includes creating a safety hazard. Residential area protests do nothing to infringe any of those residents rights including the creation of any safety hazard.