axeman_g

Explain your handle...

Was the Buttgate comment directed towards me? :icon_e_biggrin:

I've always been a big PC game fan since before Dwango days, if your that old to remember.

Always use the gaming alias Matrix till a big movie came out in 1999 that kinda ruined it.

I was big in to turbocharged cars and tweaking them. My current car at the time had a huge wastegate that dumped to atmosphere. It would make god awful loud noises when you would spool the turbo up at WOT(Wide Open Thottle). I became a little quasi famous in my car clubs because of it.

Given the word could have multiple means thought it would make a decent new alias.

I was big in to turbocharged cars and tweaking them. My current car at the time had a huge wastegate that dumped to atmosphere. It would make god awful loud noises when you would spool the turbo up at WOT(Wide Open Thottle). I became a little quasi famous in my car clubs because of it.

God awful loud noises? What wg did you have? HKS SSQV makes that sweeeeeeet sweeeeeeeet sound on my car :)

HKS SSQV is a blow off valve. A wastegate dumps exhaust gases not intake. It was a Tial wastegate. I have a video somewhere, have to find it.

turbo.jpg

If you see the little J tube in the background that is where the wastegate dumps through. The big elbow coming off the turbo connects to the exhuast.

Found it.

This video doesn't really do it justice. My friend taping this took my car for a spin as it got darker. I could hear the wastegate way before I ever saw a hint of the headlights. :icon_eek:

http://www.sjdsm.com/chucks/matrixgsx1.avi

Oops, meant to edit original....

I haven't played a video game in over a month, but I do play on xbox live occasionally. So I guess if that makes me a dorky gamer boy, what does having thousands of posts on online forums make you? :p

Makes me a gun forum junkie!

Anyway, I didn't mean any insult at all ... I play xbox (zombieland) ... well, enjoy the forum!

Yeah the wastegate noise is ridiculous! I hear my turbo inside my cabin more... and of course the exhaust

nice run nick,

i was thinking of putting a forged bov valve on the ss but after finding out the engine needs to be tuned for it said the hell with it, dont want some knuckle head tuning new fuel curves into my pcm, i work with a couple of these guys on some offshore boats and s**t dont go so well..

untuned for bov valve.sounds like a dam horse..

tuned for bov valve. sweetness..

i was thinking of putting a forged bov valve on the ss but after finding out the engine needs to be tuned for it said the hell with it, dont want some knuckle head tuning new fuel curves into my pcm, i work with a couple of these guys on some offshore boats and s**t dont go so well..

Hit up Ripp Mods in Staten Island - they tuned my car and I KNOW they can tune Cobalt SS'.

Hit up Ripp Mods in Staten Island - they tuned my car and I KNOW they can tune Cobalt SS'.

WOW I NEVER expected to see that name on here.. My friend got a single cam honda with nitrous built there about 13 years ago.. didn't go so well, but I have heard that others swear by them (now).. they used to have an Acura Integra that they raced.. again going back almost 15 years.. lol

WOW I NEVER expected to see that name on here.. My friend got a single cam honda with nitrous built there about 13 years ago.. didn't go so well, but I have heard that others swear by them (now).. they used to have an Acura Integra that they raced.. again going back almost 15 years.. lol

Must have been before Perry started tuning there. He did my car. No problems at all (except the transmission but that's because I make too much power now).

Must have been before Perry started tuning there. He did my car. No problems at all (except the transmission but that's because I make too much power now).

yes, it was way before Perry was around. i had a horrible experience that included internals paid for but not installed and some other things that almost came to legal blows if not for a last minute realization by Ross, the 'R' in Rippmods. however, as mentioned, it was over a decade ago. things change. i have spoken to Ross many times since then since we are in the same industry and he has always been respectful.

best of luck.

personally, i'd recommend Jeff Evans at Evans Tuning over anyone else in the tri-state, especially when it comes to tuning. dynapack dyno, complete honesty and incredible brain. he is known for hondas but has tuned some incredible cars from other stables.

• Like 1

yes, it was way before Perry was around. i had a horrible experience that included internals paid for but not installed and some other things that almost came to legal blows if not for a last minute realization by Ross, the 'R' in Rippmods. however, as mentioned, it was over a decade ago. things change. i have spoken to Ross many times since then since we are in the same industry and he has always been respectful.

best of luck.

personally, i'd recommend Jeff Evans at Evans Tuning over anyone else in the tri-state, especially when it comes to tuning. dynapack dyno, complete honesty and incredible brain. he is known for hondas but has tuned some incredible cars from other stables.

I didn't know if it was "ok" to be THAT detailed.. lol but glad you chimed in..

translation:

- knock knock

- who's there?

- 100 grams (of vodka)

- come on in

it's a fairly common Russian joke/toast

I can only speak it. cant read or write it (just my name).

=therefore, i would be considered ILLERATE by todays standards.

Lol copy that.

Army linguistic school?

Or federal ?

or grandma Svetlana from the "Old Country"? :icon_e_biggrin:

just to clarify... it's wasn't my intent to "knock" anyone, fellas. I'm glad to see as many people exposed to "our" culture as possible. I just made a comment last night to Glenn's g/f - "what gives with all the Russians on the forum?"

Was smallmouth fishing in Maine and our trolling motor took a crap, so we borrowed one from the owner of the camp. It was an old minn kota I believe. Anyway, after a few too many cold ones, a friend of mine swore that this crappy old trolling motor looked like a loon head, and it became kind of a running joke among friends. It still gives me laugh to think back on it, so why not use it as a handle.

mine has been my aol sn from long a** time ago but still relevant as i finally over the summer got my turbo ls del sol on the road. had to de tune the motor on 19 pound of boost my clutch thats rated for 450hp would hold lol time for twin disc and dyno.

All my firearms had to be steel and wood for the longest time. If it wasn't steel and wood it wasn't any good. That was "OLD SCHOOL" thinking.

Well look at me now....Lover of plastic and aluminum!!

But most of my other views and beliefs are still "OLD SCHOOL".