Caine

Kel-Tec KSG

I just found this site, I've never seen it before but it seems to be selling the KSG for a very discounted price. Anyone have any experience with this site?

http://www.cmcgov.com/store/pc/KEL-TEC-KSG-12GA-18-5-14+1RD-371p13943.htm#details

I just found this site, I've never seen it before but it seems to be selling the KSG for a very discounted price. Anyone have any experience with this site?

http://www.cmcgov.com/store/pc/KEL-TEC-KSG-12GA-18-5-14+1RD-371p13943.htm#details

I've ordered stuff from them. Communication was non existent. Took forever to ship. Had that feeling of I ordered it from them, they ordered it from the manufacturer, when it arrived they shipped it out.

But they did discount when it was order from the manufacturer at msrp or wait til someone stocked it maybe eventually.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485377

This guy doesn't seem too happy with his:

I can tell you this much about the gun, dont buy it. I waited months for mine and recently took delivery of it and as any excited boy with a new toy would do,I cleaned it and I went straight to the range. First Impression,it looks cool and that’s where the good impressions end. Kel Tec should have waited till the design was complete and bug free before releasing any of these weapons to anyone.

The gun is very awkward almost to the point of difficult to load and you will most likely cut your finger doing so. Now imagine trying to load this thing in the field under high stress situations. I dont see how it is possible to combat load a round into the chamber without turning the gun upside down. The magazine selector switch is very hard to manipulate from right to left on my gun and would need to be in the neutral position to attempt a combat load, which is one more extra step which would most likely get you shot in the face in real combat..

Chambered and fired first round, and racked it back only to encounter a double feed jam! The gun failed to extract the spent shell and attempted to load not 1 but 2 additional rounds at once, so a total of 3 rounds were stuck in there, leaving me with a 26″ long baseball bat to defend myself with. This type of jam is simply impossible to clear in a combat situation and would have cost me my life. It takes several minutes to clear the jams once they happen. I fired another round and it did the same exact thing. In fact the first 6-7 attempts the gun jammed the same way. Thinking it was me possibly limp wristing the slide, I allowed 4 other colleges to attempt to shoot it and it did the same thing for all 4 of them, including one range master/fire arms instructor. So it was not me. Now I am far from a gun expert, but I have been in law enforcement for over 15 years and qualify 2 times a year with our shotgun and have put thousands of shotgun rounds down range and never once had a shotgun jam on me.

I notified Kel-tec who told me they wanted me to return the gun which keep in mind was just purchased a day or two prior, and would send me a call tag and take a look at it when they get a chance. That was over 4-5 days ago, no call tag, no returned email or phone call.

I fired the gun several more times since and the gun now religiously jams on me at least once out of every 10-15 rounds.

To make things worse I attempted one more time today to shoot it utilizing a forward pistol grip which subsequently broke 2 teeth of the rail within the first 3 shots….

Kel-tec stated this gun would revolutionize the industry, and if by revolutionize they mean get a ton of people killed, then yes they are doing it. At this point I fell that Kel Tec is utilizing people like me to do their R&D for them while making big money on markups.

The design is really stupid when you look at it in detail and how the rounds are extracted and rechambered via one exit which increases the jamming probability much more than a side eject. The extracted round has to pass downward past the rounds in the magazine, then a new round needs to be fed upward. In my opinion this X-crossing effect is a poor design prone to failure and jamming. There is no way this gun would ever stand up to the abuse of actual combat performance either for police or military.

Save your money and buy a real shotgun this thing is a video game cool looking novelty, and I dont predict Kel Tec being around the marketplace much longer with failures like this weapon.

I know that after they delivered a few hundred guns they changed a bunch of minor, but important, things and started making those (version 2). Both main problems that guy mentioned are related to the version 2 improvements, so I wonder what version he got.

I'm not sure how you tell which version a shotgun is...I've seen auctions on gunbroker that mentioned they were version 2, but not sure how you confirm that.

I have had a KSG since early January 2012. I have had not one problem with mine and I have had a pistol grip on the forend since day one. It really stinks that some people are having problems. I just wanted to weigh in and say that there are definitely some people who have a trouble free KSG.

The design is really stupid when you look at it in detail and how the rounds are extracted and rechambered via one exit which increases the jamming probability much more than a side eject. The extracted round has to pass downward past the rounds in the magazine, then a new round needs to be fed upward. In my opinion this X-crossing effect is a poor design prone to failure and jamming. There is no way this gun would ever stand up to the abuse of actual combat performance either for police or military.

Yet the Ithaca 37 did the same thing for the better part of what, 100 years now????

Yet the Ithaca 37 did the same thing for the better part of what, 100 years now????

Pretty much.

John M. Browning developed its parent, the Remington 17, a bottom-ejecting pump shotgun in 1915. It was chambered only in 20 ga. WWI changed things and production was somewhat limited. Remington's production of the M17 ended in 1933, with less than 75,000 being made. After the patents expired in 1937, Ithaca introduced it as the Model 37 Featherlight in 1937. And it's still in production. It must be a good design.

being there is alot of things you dont like, i hope you like it ray ray...

crazy right!

The gun has so many issues and they aren't even available. So, i'm gonna take a fine tooth comb to this bad boy and run it like only I can. Will it replace my Mossbergs? Not a chance. Will it replace any quality defensive pumps? Only time will tell.