usnmars

Had a little fun at work last night

I had a chance to get out after shift and throw some lures around. Sure enough the tuna were everywhere. I could only handle 2 until my arm was about to fall off, but here they are an 80lb'er and a 100lb'er. We aren't allowed to eat them offshore, but they are cleaned and vacuum packed ready to come home with me. Igave 95% of the meat away to other people, but fortunately none went to waste. Sometimes work doesn't always suck......

EricTuna016.jpg

EricTuna014.jpg

sweet, I remember when you posted last time. Awsome way to spend your time while working on the rig..

And i will bet that is alot harder to land tuna on the deck of the rig rather than in a boat, It's not like you can manouver a oil rig around.. :sarcastichand:

Nice catches!

Yellow Fin sushi, oh yea! I remember out diving in the pacific, the locals were catching tuna during the day, having sushi at night. They cut it super thin to de-parasite it as they don't give it a freeze-thaw cycle before eating it. Was the freshest sushi I've ever had.

Pulling them up 80ft up to the fishing deck is quite the choreographed undertaking. It takes at minimum 3 peole at minimum, although the more the better. I honestly don't know the reason we can't eat it out here. But we have a dedicated fish freezer and an industrial vacuum sealer. I fly home with it all the time without a problem. I am not even off shift yet today and all I can think of is going out again tonight. LOL

Nice catches!

Yellow Fin sushi, oh yea! I remember out diving in the pacific, the locals were catching tuna during the day, having sushi at night. They cut it super thin to de-parasite it as they don't give it a freeze-thaw cycle before eating it. Was the freshest sushi I've ever had.

Not a lot of places freeze the tuna before serving it as sushi.

Believe it or not, their is no such thing as sushi grade tuna. There is no standard for it.

• Like 1

Nice catches. I'd love to see a video of you guys hauling it up 80 feet. I am picturing the 3 stooges comedy in my head :).

You'd be pretty spot on from the stories I've heard of Eric and his co-workers lol

I mean just look at that dumb face, it tells you the whole story

You have no clue Tim, no clue. I am often referred to as "mr big words". There is a special breed of people out here. I am trying to stock up on tuna for "commie cosmo weekend!"