Ricky Bobby

Sons of Guns

Meh, watched it. I enjoy watching them working on/firing weapons, but all the clearly staged, and fake ' drama ' crap has got to go. It's sort of akward to watch these stupid soap opera scenrios... Just shoot some **** up!

I'll DVR the season anyway!

On a side note, the show that was on afterwards- One Man Army was pretty bad a** and I enjoyed watching that, another show to fill up the DVR with.

-alec

Be very large and capable of tossing drunks if needed

Dear Sons of Guns:

Please stop getting me excited about weapons that my state will never allow me to own.

sincerely,

Ajtesq

P.S. please send Ak's to my home address.

Meh, watched it. I enjoy watching them working on/firing weapons, but all the clearly staged, and fake ' drama ' crap has got to go. It's sort of akward to watch these stupid soap opera scenrios... Just shoot some **** up!

I'll DVR the season anyway!

On a side note, the show that was on afterwards- One Man Army was pretty bad a** and I enjoyed watching that, another show to fill up the DVR with.

-alec

+1.

Sons of Guns was mediocre. Army of One.... fantastic show. This is what top shot should of been. =)

I think the military needs to change their training techniques since this nobody beat these Special Forces Team X Elite Commandos. :sarcastichand:

These games have all sorts of unrealistic rules.

You have cold water pouring on your head, you have a sledge hammer in your hand, first blow should be to crush or divert the pipe overhead pouring water on your head so you can concentrate on what you are doing. It was interesting to watch how people, when faced with obstacles they have not been trained for, sometimes shut off their brains and react instead of thinking for 3 seconds first. Training is supposed to make you ready for obstacles you may encounter which you have not trained for. You cannot train for every contingency so therefore you must train to properly assess each individual situation and act accordingly.

I was genuinely surprised at how poorly all the contestants did at breaking down the various doors. I was also shocked that none of the contestants swung their feet up onto the rope to take weight off the biner at their waist so they could release themselves.

I believe these challenges are more realistic than many other challenges I have previously seen on "reality tv" in that the contestants really did not know what to expect next, each challenge required each person to think for himself.

I missed Army of One after Sons of Guns, didn't think it was going to be worth watching. Going to have to catch it on demand. BTW at the end of Sons of Guns what caused the trailer to explode. I know it wasn't any of the ordinance being fired at it.

BTW at the end of Sons of Guns what caused the trailer to explode. I know it wasn't any of the ordinance being fired at it.

They do that EVERY time they shoot a gun for a demonstration, it's explosives that they have rigged up. I guess they think it looks cool.

I didn't get to see Sons of Guns, but I caught the last 45 minutes of Army of One. I thought it was pretty cool, but I wish I got to see the entire episode. New show?

OK was I the only one that caught that the guy that won Army of One came out as gay at the end of the show?!?!?!?!?

What does your sexual preference have to do with performance in the field? (This question has been beaten do death by the military by the way.)

guys it's One Man Army not Army of One. The sons of guns employee's may make "stupid" guns but they all seem to be terrible shots. In the beginning of this new episode will and his daughter were shooting a "AK-74" the bullet holes were all over the man sized paper target. It may have been tv editing or they might have been sighting in their gun but if that was the best that they were capable of grouping that is extremely embarrassing.

guys it's One Man Army not Army of One. The sons of guns employee's may make "stupid" guns but they all seem to be terrible shots. In the beginning of this new episode will and his daughter were shooting a "AK-74" the bullet holes were all over the man sized paper target. It may have been tv editing or they might have been sighting in their gun but if that was the best that they were capable of grouping that is extremely embarrassing.

You obviously missed the 44mag desert eagle he was putting holes in holes with. hahahaha!

• Like 1

Dear Sons of Guns:

Please stop getting me excited about weapons that my state will never allow me to own.

sincerely,

Ajtesq

P.S. please send Ak's to my home address.

Why don't you speak with him yourself?

UZItalk.com

Those people are going to hate me for sending a bunch of people that can't ever own full-auto or even normal guns over there.

I missed Army of One after Sons of Guns, didn't think it was going to be worth watching. Going to have to catch it on demand. BTW at the end of Sons of Guns what caused the trailer to explode. I know it wasn't any of the ordinance being fired at it.

I don't have any inside info, but it was obviously Tannerite. I would guess 10 pounds. Probably 5 tanker charges, around $50. Go to Cabellas and pick some up! Not sure if it's legal for you to bring home.

I've heard good and bad things about Red Jacket...there was just SO much WTF from the first season that I dont know if i have it in me to watch it. I really REALLY want to believe that there was a lot of Creative (Malicious?) Editing on the part of the Discovery Producers..either way I dont think the show has been as favorable to us as a community as it could have been. Would I buy one of their AK's?? In a heartbeat, it's what they do best, and Tony from Tromix has VERY good opinions on their Ak work..it;s the rest of the Gunge they do for the cameras that is the problem.

I've heard good and bad things about Red Jacket...there was just SO much WTF from the first season that I dont know if i have it in me to watch it. I really REALLY want to believe that there was a lot of Creative (Malicious?) Editing on the part of the Discovery Producers..either way I dont think the show has been as favorable to us as a community as it could have been. Would I buy one of their AK's?? In a heartbeat, it's what they do best, and Tony from Tromix has VERY good opinions on their Ak work..it;s the rest of the Gunge they do for the cameras that is the problem.

The opening episode probably topped the entire last season.

• Like 1

The show is full of **** from wall to wall. I've watched, I've cringed, turned it off, turned it back on, and seen about half of the episodes. He seems like a good guy (never met him in person) and he does do some good NORMAL* builds from what I have heard. But the show is complete bs from soup to nuts.

The opening episode probably topped the entire last season.

I saw either the teaser of a couple of minutes from the Opener this season and Will at least TRIED to defuse some of the more eggregious stuff from the first go-around, admitting that they were re-doing what had already been done (Masterkey, Folding Subgun, ect) That said...the "Anti-Pirate Rocket", the "Remote Turret", and the "Twin M-16" stand out in asshattery. He did gain some measure of respect when he sent that Maxim back to the old guy telling him that it would cost way more to restore than he had budgeted. As i said from what people who know the man have told me it seems to be a lot of Editing on the part of Discovery to hightlight the stupid stuff. At least they made certain to mention the paperwork and wait times for the NFA stuff after the first episode.

I saw either the teaser of a couple of minutes from the Opener this season and Will at least TRIED to defuse some of the more eggregious stuff from the first go-around, admitting that they were re-doing what had already been done (Masterkey, Folding Subgun, ect) That said...the "Anti-Pirate Rocket", the "Remote Turret", and the "Twin M-16" stand out in asshattery. He did gain some measure of respect when he sent that Maxim back to the old guy telling him that it would cost way more to restore than he had budgeted. As i said from what people who know the man have told me it seems to be a lot of Editing on the part of Discovery to hightlight the stupid stuff. At least they made certain to mention the paperwork and wait times for the NFA stuff after the first episode.

lol, u should see the tri-gun they just made! 3 m16's in sequence. Now, the show for me is purely entertainment purpose... they make a lot of stupid sh*t and they most certainly DO highlight the "jokes" and do a lot of editing out. It's a discovery show, so its hard to take at face value...much like OCC.

It's the sad truth... shooting is fun, but watching people shoot well is, for TV, rather boring. So I guess shows need to jazz it up, explosions, drama, crazy (stupid) custom builds. Like Top Shot, I really wanted to like these shows, but the drama just kills my interest.

Do these shows help gun rights or hurt it? I can't decide.

anybody who is friends with Tony (Tromix) is OK in my book... plus Will seems like a pretty genuine stand up guy... in fact this particular episode really put it into perspective.. they might make some **** that I think is plain out stupid but I am pretty sure a good chunk of that is to "make for interesting TV"... while the TV show may paint them a a bunch of buffoons (for things like a "triamese M16").. I think at the core they are pretty good people who know what they are doing..

• Like 2