67gtonut

M&P .22lr Pistol

First off..... Tony, as always, Thank you!!!! Always a pleasure....

Have not fired it yet, but this is the 1st .22 pistol I have ever been excited about buying. And now that I have held this one, I am even more stoked....

It feels nearly identical in my hand as my 9mm ...... Feel and quality are S&W, regardless that Walther is making it....

Field strip....... under 10sec..... seriously .....

Should fire it .... as soon as RTSP opens...

MP222.jpg

MP22.jpg

MP224.jpg

MP223.jpg

next to my 9mm

MP225.jpg

• Like 1

It is a shame that you are stuck with only one magazine. I tried getting more magazines on Friday by calling Smith & Wesson directly. The guy I talked with at the dealer department could not find a part number to order some more. He told me that they were not making extra mags yet for them. All the mags are shipping with the guns.

It is a shame that you are stuck with only one magazine. I tried getting more magazines on Friday by calling Smith & Wesson directly. The guy I talked with at the dealer department could not find a part number to order some more. He told me that they were not making extra mags yet for them. All the mags are shipping with the guns.

Really not an issue for me...... I never load more then 1 anyway.....

I would not buy if it magazines were not available.[

quote name=67gtonut' timestamp='1320624588' post='376575]

Really not an issue for me...... I never load more then 1 anyway.....

That is a non issue for me unless you were using the gun for steel or something along those lines. That does look sweet. Not crazy about the white smith & wesson writing.

Please post the range report.

Yeah, kinda sucks that mags aren't available yet. I wanted to use my M&P22 for the OBRPC Static Steel match but couldn't because I didn't have extra mags.

As for the range report, it shoots really nice. It's a bit lighter than a FS 9/40/357 as I think the slide is aluminum. I've been using Federal bulk, Remmy Golden Bullets and CCI Minimags. No issues at all with the Federal or CCI, but some FTF/FTE's with the Golden Bullets (also very dirty).

Went to CR today......

Just threw 150rds downrange at the silo range..... I am VERY happy, 1 small 1/2turn adjustment on the rear sight, and it was perfect....

Trigger is gritty compared to the Ruger I had..... but trigger time will smooth that out....

Once RTSP opens..... anyone is welcome to try.....

Troy, does the M&P 22 use the same sights as the full size guns?

I will look closer tonight...... but I am 99% sure...... no

...... And an update for everyone else....... I have about 500+ rnds thru it now...... runs 100% ...... It may be made by Walther, but it runs like a S&W should.....

I will look closer tonight...... but I am 99% sure...... no

FYI, Other sources seem to indicate that it does. One user here even migrated the stock sights from his M&P centerfire to the 22 successfully.

FYI, Other sources seem to indicate that it does. One user here even migrated the stock sights from his M&P centerfire to the 22 successfully.

Cool..... I hope it is right..... Would love to swap sights.....

Update..... just measured....... the front and rear channels from my 9mm and the .22......

It close...... but it would definitly require some "fitting" to get the Fullsize sights to fit into the .22.....

Cool..... I hope it is right..... Would love to swap sights.....

Update..... just measured....... the front and rear channels from my 9mm and the .22......

It close...... but it would definitly require some "fitting" to get the Fullsize sights to fit into the .22.....

Is it the dovetail width? Generally, the sights are slightly oversize to allow a snug fit and some more than others. Dawson, those SOB's, make all thier sights way oversize so they all *have* to be fit. They claim gun tolerances are too varied to make a one-size-fits-all, even for a single make and model. Thats fine for the plethora of 1911's out there from all over the world, but for my M&P, i think the dovetail is a known commodity by now. The Warren sights i used to have on it were super easy to install but the Dawsons, i had to file, check, file, check, file, check, etc ad nauseum. lol

Yeah.... the dovetails are very close, but just a "tick" smaller on the .22 ...... but very doable......

I am going to look into it myself......

That's nothing a file and some patience can't fix!

Nice pistol, btw. I was waiting to read some reviews on them.