Malsua

Marauding Mob Of 50 Teen-Aged Girls Beats Down 2 Nyc Cops

Can we have roof mounted water cannons?

I'm entirely unsure how I would handle a group like this outside of my house. I mean, in a TEOTWAWKI situations it's one thing...but right now? You can't just shoot these animals.

--------

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/marauding-mob-of-50-teen-aged-girls-beat-down-2-nyc-cops/

New York City firefighters came to the rescue of two NYPD cops who were outnumbered and getting pummeled by 50 angry female teenagers on Tuesday.

teen-mob-dispersed-water-cannon-620x410.jpg

photo credit: Staten Island Advance/Michael Oates

The Firefighters from the FDNY opened up on the violent crowd with a “deluge gun”– which is a high-powered, truck-mounted water cannon–finally causing the mob to disperse.

NYPD officers made nine arrests, but two officers were hospitalized in the attack. Police also recovered a starter pistol, which may have been intended to further terrify the original female target of the mob.

The scene unfolded in New York’s Staten Island borough when a mob of 50 young females gathered outside the home of a single young girl and threatened her. Apparently, the girl had been kept home from school for several days because of repeated and vicious bullying, so the bullies came to her doorstep.

teen-mob-dispersed-2-620x410.jpg

It didn’t take long for the angry mob to become enraged. Staten Island Live reports that at least one bystander, who saw the incident but would not give his name for fear of retaliation, said:

“It was chaos. The yelling got louder and louder and louder… There was probably 50 to 55 kids out here, and they were challenging one girl.”

Witnesses also told police that the mob was challenging the single girl whose residence they surrounded to “come out and fight,” which prompted calls to police.

When two police officers– one male and one female– arrived at the scene, the male cop tried to make an arrest, but the female teens turned on him, knocking him to the ground. Other teens jumped on top of the police car.

The officer’s female partner tried to assist, but she was also kicked to the ground. The female officer was able to radio for back-up, though both her and her partner were “banged up” by the mob.

The incident occurred just blocks away from the FDNY Engine Company 138, so firefighters quickly arrived to assist.

The FDNY let the violent girl-mob have it with their high-powered water cannon. That forced most of them to flee the scene, and nine others were arrested.

arresting-female-mob-member-620x413.jpg

As for the victim, the young female student narrowly escaped an increasingly vicious situation. She told reporters that ”They were waiting for me since Thursday. They wanted to get me for a he-said, she-said. They kept on calling.”

When the group arrived at her doorstep, they were carrying “guns, blades and knives,” according to the victim.

Relatives said the young girl has a heart condition, which was part of the mob’s campaign of terror as they gathered outside her door.

“We’re gonna punch you in the chest. We’re gonna fix your heart condition,” the mob yelled.

I bet they had 'em, however, they can't just shoot kids for yelling and being a mob....

huh?

read the article?

the male cop tried to make an arrest, but the female teens turned on him, knocking him to the ground. Other teens jumped on top of the police car.

The officer’s female partner tried to assist, but she was also kicked to the ground.

does a mob of 50+ people attacking you represent a credible threat to your life?

in my book it does.. so yes..

This is a hard one, it's a lose/lose situation. Either you get your @$$ kicked a mob of 50 thug-girls or you get in trouble for shooting innocent teens at a street party.

does a mob of 50+ people attacking you represent a credible threat to your life?

in my book it does.. so yes..

After Sean Bell, and a few other incidents, NYPD has hammered it into guys' skulls that if they aren't being SHOT at, they are not to use their weapons.

This is a hard one, it's a lose/lose situation. Either you get your @$$ kicked a mob of 50 thug-girls or you get in trouble for shooting innocent teens at a street party.

the worst possible scenario besides the officer being hurt or killed would be to lose ones weapon in a situation like that..

the officer without question had the right to use force.. a mob of 50 people that are on the attack is MORE than enough to hurt and or kill you.. thus justifying matching that force..

After Sean Bell, and a few other incidents, NYPD has hammered it into guys' skulls that if they aren't being SHOT at, they are not to use their weapons.

which is absurd.. 50+ people attacking you does represent a deadly credible threat against you..

not to beat this to death but..

so you are saying if you are LEO enforcing the law.. trying to retain order.. a mob turns on you.. you can not use deadly force? you have to look at each of those 50+ people and try to evaluate if any one of them has a weapon? and them physically driving you to the ground and attacking is not enough? if not.. then at what point IS it enough? put yourself in LEOs position.. you are carrying.. you and your wife and confronted by a gang of 15-20 people.. and you can NOT get away.. and they are kicking her to the ground.. do you just say oh well.. and curl up and hope for the best? or do you draw your weapon and save your a**?

Yeah they attacked the cops. Is that reason to shoot 'em all? No.

Yes it is a reason to shoot the ones doing the kicking. People have been killed by being kicked to death.

So yes when then start kicking a downed cop the other cop should have shot the ones doing the kicking. You can guarantee the mob would have dispersed.

Too much coddling with no repercussions is what causes these mobs.

I agree with Ant, 50 people vs. 2 LEOS I see that as a justifiable need to use of whatever force needed to diffuse this situation. What if while the mob had both of them down, they disarmed the LEOS started shooing the LEO's and other people. What would our comments be then.

I know none of use want to see people get shot and I am glad this situation didn't turn our worse, but there needs to be a line that is not crossed.

I completely and 100% agree with Vlad on this matter. A knife is considered a deadly weapon because it has the ability to kill. 25 people per cop! That's 50 feet stomping you while you're on the ground....yea that's the ability to kill. Fire away.

Now this is a tough thing to say, and on the surface I think it is a pretty terrible thought, but I almost feel like it would have been better if one of the dirtbag teens beating on the cops was shot and killed. Maybe then it would make them think about doing this type of stuff again (gang mob with the sole purpose of bullying/hurting somebody).

Is that wrong of me to think that?

Whatever the case, damn, that is a tough spot to be put in if you are a police officer (or even an armed civilian). I wouldn't wish that situation on anybody.

• Like 1

no..

people should not fear law enforcement.... but they SHOULD respect it.. these people in this story need to learn to respect law and order..

stuff like this is honestly why I am looking to move onto ACRES..

I'd be a tasering and pepper spray spraying fool if I were those cops.

I'm not playing armchair quarterback but how many times do we see a single person pulled over and 2-4 cop cars at the scene? The second I pulled up at that scene of 50 I would have immediately called for backup. Would have made sure I had my baton or maglight on me as well. I might not be shooting them but I would sure as hell be teeing up on them like spring training once they laid a hand on me. Groups of people like that are bad, mob mentality changes people. These are the times that you breakout the shotty with the rubber bullets.

• Like 1

I disagree with Anthony,

These are 50 kids and females. I think there is a certain level of threat before you start shooting. I think it's obvious that level wasn't reached.

Staten Island is a small place with 3 pct's. I am sure another patrol car was close by. That area is not a good area and is usually patrolled.

Not at all, the worst part about it is how they (the mob) will tell the story. I can see it now, them telling there friend that yea they got arrested, but they kicked some police a** and wear it as a badge of honor to there friends.

I'm sorry, but I think ACS should investigate each and every one of the 50 kids family and home life, because they are not being raised right.

Never happen but I know if my friends and I ever did something so stupid growing up we would have been better off being shot, I'd probably be still feeling what my mother and father did to me to this day.

I think that IF an officer had shot one of them that there would be enough of a case of disparity of force to mount a defence. Its not as simple as taking a beat down. There is a great concern for an officer when they go down in this type of situation that their weapon will be taken and used against them. That is what creates a reasonable escalation of force for an out of control mob imo.

• Like 1