david8613

How Many Of You Own Multiple Different Guns In The Same Caliber?

how many of you own multiple different guns in the same caliber? what gun do you have and in what calibers? i ask this because i pretty much have my bases covered with calibers between .380 and 10mm, but i have some permits coming my way and just wondering?

Not enough!

One .38 Special, that's all the little gun handles.

Several .357 Magnums.

Have a 1911 (.45 ACP) and a 625, get to share the same ammo.

Have a 96FS (.40 cal) and a 610, get to share the same ammo.

Have a 92FS but not going to buy a 9mm revolver, they want more than they're worth.

Going to buy a carbine that uses one of the "common" rounds, 9mm, .40 or .45, haven't decided which yet. Only need it for the times I can't use the AK's at outdoor matches.

Forgot: Lot's of 12 gauges!

I purposely search for guns in the same caliber. It makes stocking up on ammo a lot easier. I try to keep the common calibers such as x39, x54, 30-06, .45, 9mm No matter where you go in the country someone will have some ammo in that flavor.

wow, I thought I would see lots of .40s, figuring that it would be the popular round, I was wrong! here my list...

1x.380

1x9mm

2x40 cal.

2x45 1 pistol 1 carbine

1x 38special/ 357mag

1x10mm

1x7.62x39

1x12gauge

next round of permits I will doubling on something for sure...

Well, I only have 3 pistols, all are different calibers. The only 2 firearms I have of the same caliber, are a .22lr rifle and pistol. Unless revolvers become part of my future, I don't see myself getting any other pistol NOT in one of the 3 calibers of pistols I already own.

And guys, this is the handguns section, I think so of you missed that! :p

I have quite a few. I have too many calibers as it is, so I don't buy anything that isn't in a already owned caliber.

I have a few revolvers that are 357/38

a couple 45's

a couple 40's

some 7.62x54r's

some 8mm's

a bunch of 223's

the list goes on.

I may add another caliber in the near future, I'm weighing my options.

I want an AK style rifle and a Mini 14 rifle. I could stay with 223 for both which is a bit boring. I could do 223 in the mini and 7.62x54r on the AK style rifle. Or just go 7.62x39 for both.

I currently have...

.22lr 6 (2 pistol, 4 rifle)

9mm 9 pistols + 1 conversion barrel

.40 3 pistols

.45 3 pistols

.223/5.56 3 rifles/carbines

.308/7.62 1 rifle

The idea of getting into other calibers definitely interests me. The thought of financing them makes me cringe. Handgun, I'd consider 357/38, 45LC, 10mm, 5.7 and 357 Sig. Rifle, the 6.5 Grendal really interests me, followed my .260 Rem/6.5 Creedmore as a distant 2nd. 30-06, .300 Whisper and a lever action in 357/44mag sound interesting too.

Still have to get a shotgun.

I have concentrated almost all of my firearms in 4 calibers: .22lr, .223/5.56, .38spl/.357mag, and .45acp

I have both long arms and handguns in all four, including a large number of duplicates.

The only exception is the LCP in .380

Not sure it has enough oomph to make a decent rifle caliber, nor have I ever seen a rifle chambered in .380acp :scratchhead:

For semis I'll only get 9mm or 45ACP. No interest in 40 and the other calibers are too expensive to shoot

and not enough brass to reload.

I plan on getting a revolver and while it'd make sense to get one in 45ACP I just see 357mag as THE

revolver caliber so will most likely get that.

It would be easier for me to respond with what guns I only have one in that caliber. I realized long ago that having "one of each caliber" is interesting to collect but a logistical nightmare to feed. I figured out what calibers do what I need (or perceive that I need) and bought guns in those calibers. I don't own a 10mm, 40 S&W, 357 SIG, and a whole bunch of others. Doesn't make them bad, just I don't have a need for them. 22 leads my list in handgun calibers and 30-06 for rifles but most of those are Garands.

I currently have...

.22lr 6 (2 pistol, 4 rifle)

9mm 9 pistols + 1 conversion barrel

.40 3 pistols

.45 3 pistols

.223/5.56 3 rifles/carbines

.308/7.62 1 rifle

The idea of getting into other calibers definitely interests me. The thought of financing them makes me cringe. Handgun, I'd consider 357/38, 45LC, 10mm, 5.7 and 357 Sig. Rifle, the 6.5 Grendal really interests me, followed my .260 Rem/6.5 Creedmore as a distant 2nd. 30-06, .300 Whisper and a lever action in 357/44mag sound interesting too.

Still have to get a shotgun.

Just one? If you get into shooting clays you will buy more.............. I think I have 6 or so, still want more!

Tony357, looks like you and I have a lot of the same stuff. My Russian weapons are amongst my favorites! I love the 3-gun matches when I can gring the "Black Guns" out for a spin. (Ok, they are black, but maybe should be considered red. Saiga's are a blast!)