bLxZe

Tennessee tourist arrested for bringing pistol into 9/11 Memorial

Sigh.... I understand law is law, and rules are suppused to be followed. But this is just stupid, obviously the woman was trying to the right thing here, however clueless, stupid , and oblivious she is.

Good job, pursue 3.5 years for a probably otherwise law abiding citizen, while a billion thugs in the city walk around with firearms all day long.

But, there is just no way to weigh the level of " crime " this is.... It's either all or nothing, freedom or prison.That whole " zero-tolerance " mentality. Should this women get away with a slap on the wrist? no, def. not. The law was broken, however much we disagree with it, but 3.5 years in prison? come on now? Child molesters hardly get that much ( /whoreallyknows)

really? it's people like this naiive woman that fuel bloomy.

While it is "common sense" (and I use that term as loosely as possible here) in NYC that guns are evil, it is completely understandable for someone living in the actual USA to make this mistake as it is common sense there that you can carry and exercise your 2nd Ammendment rigths. We should not be justifying bloomy in any way shape or form.

If HR822 was law, this would NOT have been an issue...

Soon as I heard this report, I thought this would make a great case for HR822 to be passed. A normal law abiding WOMAN that chooses to exercise her right to defend herself againts the evil people of the US with a firearm. Which is completely legal and accepted where she comes from. She probably lived in TN her whole life and dosent know any other way of life. Especially of the repressive NJ and NY laws. She probably assumes the constitution applies to all the US as it should. I think its a going to be a win for the pro gun community.

On another note, why would there be a " no guns allowed" sign in NYC? Isn't that a givin?

What a colossal series of missteps. It's infuriating that some asshole of a prosecutor sees this come across his desk and lights up with glee. Whoever that piece of shît is, there is an afterlife of torment awaiting his black soul. I hope he gets a miserable form of cancer and gurgles his lasts breaths in pain.

• Like 2

I wish one of the sponsors of HR-822 would pick this case up as a poster child of exactly WHY we need this law ASAP. This is not some gang banger toting an illegal gun for the purposes of popping a cap in the as$ of someone, this is an otherwise law abiding citizen who ran afoul of NYC's idiotic laws which do nothing to stop illegal guns from running all around the street.

I just want to know where to find the Martin Luther King Jr of the second amendment cause. This stupid schtuff has gone on long enough now. Power to the People!!

The timing of this article that was just delivered to my inbox could not have been anymore ironic.

New post on Gun Nuts Media

wlmailhtml:{F5CE32F2-

Before You Carry

by Shelley Rae

There are a lot of people shopping for a conceal carry sidearm. There is a lot more to conceal carry than having a permit and a gun though, and a few things everybody should do (and consider) before they start strapping a gun on every day.

Know The Law

Being familiar with the law as it pertains to carrying a handgun is extremely important. Having a permit doesn't mean you can go everywhere with a handgun. It's also important to know where your state has reciprocity and stay up-to-date on this information prior to travel. Many handgun courses are designed for conceal carry permit holders and will cover this information. Beyond this it's also important to know the policies of your work place, some places don't allow guns and it could result in termination.

wlmailhtml:{F5CE32F2-84B7-4040-BC41-B8C0FFE0494C}mid://00000096/!x-usc:http://gunnuts.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/flashbang_holster_p239_1200-300x200.jpg

Sig Sauer P238 and a Flashbang Bra Holster. Photo courtesy of JP Visual Design.

Get Training - In More Than Shooting

Caleb and I have beat the "get trained to shoot" thing into the ground. If you're planning to carry there's more to it than just knowing how to shoot. Yes, being able to hit a target is extremely important, shooting action events like IDPA to understand shooting understress is also extremely important, but there's also the element of gun handling that is key for conceal carry permit holders. Carrying a gun means handling it on a daily basis, taking holsters off, drawing, loading, unloading and doing so in your home. Being extremely competent and comfortable with the handling of a firearm and the four safety rules is essential for anyone who wishes to carry.

Be Prepared for a Lifestyle Change

Choosing to carry a gun is a lifestyle choice. It's something you will think about constantly once to the conscious decision has been made. When shopping for clothes, choosing outfits for the day, going about day to day business - your gun is with you all the time, or should be, and so all the time you have to be prepared to have a way to conceal it, to be comfortable that it's concealed, to know that it could change a traffic stop (we don't have to like this, but there it is), there may be people close to you who may ask why you carry a gun or tell you that it's wrong. Being prepared to integrate this knew "thing" into your way of life is important.

I believe it's important for us to carry firearms, and I would never discourage someone from getting the proper training and buying a gun. It's important when people are shopping, however, that they sufficiently prepare themselves to carry a firearm every day. It's a big decision.

Shelley Rae | December 29, 2011 at 8:54 am | Categories: Team Gun Nuts | URL: http://wp.me/p1tVYd-3eI

Comment See all comments

Unsubscribe or change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:

http://gunnuts.net/2...fore-you-carry/

wlmailhtml:{F5CE32F2-84B7-4040-BC41-B8C0FFE0494C}mid://00000096/!x-usc:http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=jetpack.wordpress.com&blog=21910689&post=12444&subd=gunnuts.net&ref=&email=1&email_o=jetpack

Tennessee is awesome

http://www.capitol.t...ill/HJR0585.pdf

I should move there

a HUGE +1 to the state of TN, if that document holds to be legit, and helps get this woman off the hook.

She's a nurse going to medical school to be a doctor, who voluntarily asked where she could check in her firearm. She wasn't even attempting to hide it once she realized they were not allowed.

Yeah that is awesome, and why stop at the speeding tickets?? They should just flat out start harassing anyone with a NY accent. Of course that might have a temporary negative affect on tourism but would be worth it IMHO.

On another note, why would there be a " no guns allowed" sign in NYC? Isn't that a givin?

Good question. In order to entrap law abiding citizens?

I loved the threat at the end. Don't you wish NJ treated us as respectfully as Tenn treats her citizens?

"BE IT FURTHER RESOVLED, that we remind the citizens of New York, especially those residing in New York City, to drive carefully through the great State of Tennessee, paying extra attention to our speed limits".

Going to raise the BS flag on that one. No state would threaten another states citizens in a formal letter. If it wasn't for that line I might have believed it.

And written by "Niceley"?

Look at the url, it's on tn.gov

Rep Frank S. Niceley.

http://www.capitol.t...embers/h17.html

Me thinks all these recent arrests in the Big Apple over legal CCW is part of some court case in the making. Get a few likeable criminal plaintiffs, take it to the SCOTUS, and go that route...

if that be the case then the powers that be has found some very dedicated and focused individuals. The specter of possible long jail sentences,loss of income and the rigors of a drawn out court case would be enough to scare away all but a hardy few.

Not to be conspiratorial but if a well financed and organized group wanted to use NYC and it's well documented hard stance on CCW as a test case,offered some motivated citizens with clean back grounds and of the right demographics a financial and historical incentive to be participants......It would be feasible, No?

if that be the case then the powers that be has found some very dedicated and focused individuals. The specter of possible long jail sentences,loss of income and the rigors of a drawn out court case would be enough to scare away all but a hardy few.

Not to be conspiratorial but if a well financed and organized group wanted to use NYC and it's well documented hard stance on CCW as a test case,offered some motivated citizens with clean back grounds and of the right demographics a financial and historical incentive to be participants......It would be feasible, No?

Yep. And they would probably win too. But I doubt the NYC DA would less this progress because of the potential for loss and an appearance before SCOTUS.

Yep. And they would probably win too. But I doubt the NYC DA would less this progress because of the potential for loss and an appearance before SCOTUS.

We will just have to wait and see how many more of these incidents occur before someone says enough. I believe there was an article where a NY democrat no less,back peddled and asked why essentially ruin these people's lives for seemingly abiding by the law as they understood it.,however naive they were to NYC's gun laws.

That letter from Tennessee makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but somehow I have a sinking feeling that NY won't give a crap about it and ruin that woman's life regardless.

I would have to agree especially with Bloomberg's not so subtle pressure on prosecutors to maintain zero tolerance in firearms cases.

I would have to agree especially with Bloomberg's not so subtle pressure on prosecutors to maintain zero tolerance in firearms cases.

As well as not wanting to give the impression that you can carry a gun in NYC illegally and expect to get away with it. They don't want to set that precedent.

She gets off with a wrist slap and every point of entry in NYC will get a very clear sign informing all who arrive that there is no concealed carry without an NYC permit.

Then the next one will go to jail.

Yeah, a wrist slap and quite potentially the possibility of never owning firearms again. Seriously, f*** new york.

Hmmm, her hearing is on March 19 in NYC. Wouldn't that be a good opportunity for a 2A rally on the courthouse steps? NY and NJ statewide and grass roots organizations could join together. Hello, NY State Rifle and Pistol Association and ANJRPC?? Maybe even the SAF and NRA? Think we could get more than 5 people? I think if you had at least 100 it would have an impact and wouldn't look pathetic. 1000 people, and people would take notice. 5,000 and you'd get national attention. I work in NY and would attend.