mattio41

February 8th, Pro 2a Rally

We had 10,000 in the 90's to fight the AWB and they passed it anyway. I would say based on input from the groups we have over a 1000 right now. This is normal as we know. 4300 NJGF members, we should expect about 50 to show up, and the same goes for all of the other 2A groups. It is worse today because it is the era of armchair activism. We all sit on out butts and **** online, much easier then driving and assembling.

Sad but true for all protests except left leaning ones (they are all unemployed) LOL.

If we have a paltry showing our elected officials will know we are a paper tiger and they will wipe their feet on out back for a loooooooong time.

Unity and activism is the key!

This is normal as we know. 4300 NJGF members, we should expect about 50 to show up, and the same goes for all of the other 2A groups

member count means nothing. not EVERY ONE of the 4300 are active on the forum, let alone IRL. how many members are not active online....they join, look at the board for a few days, then never sign on again. yet their membership from 4yrs ago and not touched since is still counted. how many join but never post.

the only number that should be considered when looking at an online forum is the number of regularly active visitors/posters. right now there are probably 150 names that post at least once every few days.

Lets face it, this is our one chance to look the governor in the eyes and let him kow we are serious about our 2a rights. This will be the last rally we have before he signs some new legislation into law. And it wont be pro gun . After this there will only be rallies to try to get back our freedoms they are about to take away. Atleast thats how i feel.

Lets face it, this is our one chance to look the governor in the eyes and let him kow we are serious about our 2a rights. This will be the last rally we have before he signs some new legislation into law. And it wont be pro gun . After this there will only be rallies to try to get back our freedoms they are about to take away. Atleast thats how i feel.

Could not agree more.

says who?

From the signs thread

Check out the rally page on facebook, somewhere in there was said that if you are bringing your own sign, it can not have any sort of frame, stick, post,....just paper.

Roger that - I've made signs for a protest before, here's how I do it:

30"x40" or similar size foam core poster boards. Cut all 4 corners at 45 degrees so there are no points, in case someone walks into one or one gets blown in the wind. Use powerpoint with a slide size slightly smaller than the poster size, print out the slogan on letter sized paper (it gets "tiled" over multiple sheets like puzzle pieces), cut the papers, assemble the slogan and tape it, then use spray adhesive to adhere the paper to the poster board. Relatively quick and easy and makes light weight yet strong signs that look NEAT and LEGIBLE from a distance, and you get 2 slogans per sign (front/back).

Here in this press release:

http://www.ammoland..../#axzz2IXa5EFVK

And it has been posted on here and arfcom.

Christie spokesman denies Christie admin. confirmed governor's attendance at gun rally

http://www.politickernj.com/62499/christie-spokesman-denies-christie-admin-confirmed-governors-attendance-gun-rally

WTF? What happened? They didn't offer him enough Krispy Kreme donuts?

I will be in Florida on that day. I really wanted to go but a family member is in failing health and I'm afraid he won't last the two weeks before I get there so I can't postpone. Please take pictures.

I'll make a small badge of your avatar and wear it for you if you like. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the comments section :laugh:

"candidpachyderma day ago

This looks like amateur hour by a new fledgeling group NJ 2A . They should have consulted with NRA pros on the state level such as Peter Brown and Larry Braico who know competent and informed NJ speakers who speak at their events before turning the event into a tea party dog and pony show with speakers from NY who know nothing about NJ laws. All NJ candidates for NJ State and Senate and activists for public office should have been invited to speak . But the biggest mistake was walking into Christie's office thinking that he was a friend of the 2nd amendment."

Christie spokesman denies Christie admin. confirmed governor's attendance at gun rally

http://www.politicke...dance-gun-rally

WTF? What happened? They didn't offer him enough Krispy Kreme donuts?

Can someone from NJ2AS please address this because an email from NJ2AS said that his appearance was confirmed.

"We met with the governor in his outer office, and I told him I hold the permits for a rally in Trenton next month and we'd love to have him speak," Fiamingo said. "He told me barring any conflicts he'd love to speak. I called his office and I was told that we can put him on our schedule and barring any conflict he'll be there."

He's a successful politician and he's a successful lawyer. Parse the words. "Barring any conflicts he'd love to speak" is NOT the same thing as "Yes!"

Based on the bus numbers, there's at least 220 something people that are planning on going. That's still a woefully pitiful number, but marginally better than the 62 from the poll. Add in the people that are taking the trains and driving, and MAYBE we'll hit 300? Who knows...

According the poll (in general firearms discussion) we have about 62 people confirmed for the rally on the 8th. That's about 1.4% of the 4300+ members of this forum. I think we really need to get our @sses in gear folks.

It wouldn't harm to put a banner on top of the main page on this forum like the folks at PAFOA are doing to promote the Harrisburg rally

forumpafoaorg2013-1-2121-5-0_zps6ae3b2a0.png

It wouldn't harm to put a banner on top of the main page on this forum like the folks at PAFOA are doing to promote the Harrisburg rally

forumpafoaorg2013-1-2121-5-0_zps6ae3b2a0.png

Hopefully one of the mods can take care if that because it's a great idea. Someone good with creating images should post one we could all share on Facebook and other social media as well.

And that's what's upsetting about all this. The NRA, GOA, SAF, ANJRPC....and all pro 2nd ammendement groups have member contact inormation. What in God's name are they doing with it? Calling, emailing, organizing? Bupkus, it seems.

If it weren't for the NJ2A and individuals doing the foot work, nothing would happen.

After the dust settles the only folks that will ever see any of my money will be NJ2A. Screw the rest of them.