iRescue

Cuomo now blaming King Mike and Brady Campaign for SAFE act

This guy is a piece of work!

Cuomo's is trying to back away from the steaming pile of doo that is the NYSAFE ACT.

Via the NY Post: (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/gov_faking_care_of_business_execs_9uIcEq5lJPk96ayylaRAGL)

A Cuomo administration source is flatly denying the governor’s claim that his new anti-gun SAFE Act was carefully drafted, saying the governor himself wasn’t even aware of some provisions when it was hastily enacted into law.

“The governor thought the limit on the size of [gun] magazines would only apply to assault-style rifles, not to handguns,’’ said the source.

“That’s why there’s the big problem now with handguns, among other things in the statute.’’

The legal sale of virtually all semiautomatic handguns will soon be impossible because Cuomo’s law limits the size of bullet-holding magazines to seven shots, virtually none of which are manufactured for sale.

“Much of what’s in the law was drafted by people connected to Mayor Bloomberg and the Brady Center, not by the governor’s staff,” the source said. “That’s why there are so many problems with it.’’

Can you imagine if lawmakers passed something drafted by the NRA or SAF or GOA?? The media would cry bloody murder!!

This is the same crap that happened in N.J. with the repeal of the Death Penalty, the Doucheocrat Assemblyman Wilfredo Caraballo of Essex County who like his staff can barely speak English is a stooge of DICK Codey and Demofascist powerbroker Adubato offered a bill written by that nasty-ass agitator "Sister" Helen Prejean of "Dead Man Walking" fame and her anti-Death Penalty henchmen. I've spoken if you could call it that with Caraballo, he can barely put a sentence together yet he gets the credit for writing the legislation and repealing the Death Penalty which puts ALL law-abiding NJ citizens at risk of becoming victims of repeat violent offenders.

We can only hope that our Governor takes heed and recognizes that any pandering and foolish anti gun legislation will directly effect his higher political ambitions also. Coumo is no dummy but fell for the spiel and the promise of glory that now will never come.....hopefully Christe is cannier than that.

I'm always wondering what the motive is behind the rushing to be the first to pass whatever law. What's the gain? If we the people held politicians accountable for the bad laws they write maybe we could change things.

How the holy hell could anyone think dirtbag pelosi's comment about having to "pass a law so we can find out what's in it" comment was ok?

On its face, any fool can figure that out. But we have created a culture of "gimme mine" where they blindly vote for whatever POS tells them they're getting free phones. Or food stamps. Or any other gov't dole.

I'm truly incensed about this crap. We as a country are being deconstructed.

Argh.

This is the first time I'm hearing about the "bounty" part released last week.

"Meanwhile, opponents of Cuomo’s SAFE Act were outraged last week with the disclosure that the state would pay $500 bounties to persons reporting the illegal ownership of weapons"

This is the first time I'm hearing about the "bounty" part released last week.

"Meanwhile, opponents of Cuomo’s SAFE Act were outraged last week with the disclosure that the state would pay $500 bounties to persons reporting the illegal ownership of weapons"

Yep! Nothing like turning neighbors against each other

An excellent article and counterpoint to Cuomo's shameful SAFE Act from the National Review Online.

Rushed law is bad law, even when it’s “for the children.”

http://www.nationalr...-c-w-cooke?pg=1

Good article. Thanks for posting it.

I wonder if DBagg Cuomo remembers his HIGHLY DISTURBING, Psychotic youtube scream 'speech' regarding his "SAFE" Act??

All I saw was a screaming lunatic in a postion of major governmental power.

Very scary that these individuals are actually even 'elected'.

People forget he failed the NY bar like three times. The man is an Idiot.

so he failed the bar 3 times, got elected governor and in 2 years will probably get elected again. I think my last point will probably determine who are the bigger idiots

sent from my Samsung Note 2

Uh, Andy, you are the Governor, you're supposed to know what's going on. Didn't you read the bill before you signed it?

Good they're at war with one another.

I guess he had to pass it to find out what was in it......