jrfly3006

SHTF... If you can only take 2 guns....

First I know there was a similar thread last April about this but this is a little different. Mods lock if you don't want to rehash it..

Lets play what if... Say SHTF one day ( whatever theory you'd like and assume you have no idea how long you'll have to be away from home) and you only had time to grab 2 guns out of the safe...which would you take? Explain why if you'd like.. They have to be firearms you already have..no wish lists

For me....

STAG Mod 3

FNX-45

For me the above give me the best opportunity for survival and defense of my family should it come to that...although I have poured over the idea of swapping one out for my 10/22 ...

Really curious to see everyone's choices.

Considering I only have 4 at the moment, it's not that difficult.

My G27 would be one.

And I'd have to think hard about choosing between my 700 and my Mosin. 700 has optics and is extremely accurate, but no open sights in the event the scope gets damaged. Plus, I'm willing to bet it'd be easier to find 7.62 ammo than it would 7mm-08.

OTOH, the Mosin is a brick compared to 700 Mountain rifle....and it'd really suck carrying it around for an extended period, but the guys in the war did it, so I shouldn't be such a Nancy about it, lol.

I choose the Mosin as the second.

SBR w/ can and my PWS T3 toggle-action 10/22 w/ can.  The SBR is ideal for self defense and can be used to take medium sized game such as deer.  Not a very good bird gun though.  The 10/22 would be for small game and if it's the zombie apocalypse, load it with subs to clear the undead without attracting additional attention.

I keep a sling-type bag (SO Tech Extended Go Bag) packed and ready to go in the safe. In the event something happens the wife or I grab it on our way out the door to supplement the 2 pistols I am likely already carrying.

Inside is:

- Broken down AR with a RDS that I can swap for an ACOG that is in the bag as well

- 9mm and .22 conversion kits for a G22/35 frame sized Glock

- Ammo

- Mags

- Batteries

- Chest rig

- Spare parts

- Cleaning kit

- Bleeder/Gunshot/Trauma kit

It provides a small streamlined "grey" package that no one would ever think has a carbine in it.

Pump 12, Ammo is readily available. Garand 30-06 again ammo is readily and accurate at long range. If you can see it, you can hit it. Old school!

I would take my Stag AR as well as the .22lr conversion (still counts as 1 gun :D) and my M&P 9.  Shotguns are the most versitile imo but ammo is so bulky that my first choice would be my carbine, but if I was with a group of 3 or more people I would want someone to have a shotgun with them.

right now easy choice..  only have 5 total.. 

my CZ 9mm..

my SW M&P 15-22

thought about the Mav 88 shottie, but its heavier and the ammo is way heavier than 22..  and dont think a 22 pistol or s 5 round 38 snubbie is worth taking unless someone else is with me and can carry another 2...

Two guns is too limiting... need a dedicated combat-style handgun, modern sporting rifle, and a dedicated .22LR carbine...

Glock 23 GEN3 w/ with TruGlo TFO sights, 9mm conversion barrel, .22 conversion slide kit, and plenty of magazines in .22lr, 9mm, and .40S&W, including G22 mags.  Might consider getting a SIG .357 barrel as well for large wild animals, but I imagine a .40 would be rather effective.

Saiga 7.62x39, but would probably change this to a lightweight AR-15 in 5.56 w/ additional .22LR and 7.62x39 uppers.  That would be my two guns. 

A Ruger 10/22  would be sorely missed, though.  And, will "upgrade" to a Ruger 10/22 TD once a Hogue stock is available.

2-gun dream setup would be....

The Glock 23 mentioned above... And one of the new Colt LE901-16S, and an additional .22LR upper for it if there is such a thing. This might be a bit, heavy, though, but extremely versatile.