SJG

Offering Firearms for Sale

I stopped into Dicks the other day to get some shotgun ammo and noticed that a few of the firearms they had did not have

any tag with the price.You should all be aware that anyone who sells or offers for sale any goods in NJ or advertises

goods for sale by any means- paper, internet etc must indicate the price of the item in the advertisement.

Yes, we know how you feel about Dick's.  Now shut up about it.

As site staff you could be a little more dignified. I won't stop bringing it up, it is as important to defending our rights and exposing douchebaggery as pointing out the faults of Sweeny. But I won't dwell on it, never do.

It's like when a boy punches a girl in the arm. There is really something underlying going on there. Also, when one obsesses over something repeatedly, they are covering up their true feelings. We all know that Mipa loves Dicks.

Kind of an inappropriate statement from someone who is supposed to be a moderator. This is not the first and I'm sure not the last.

Actually given the poster's incessant puerile obsession with each and every thread mentioning Dick's, it's totally appropriate.

I used to think he was a complete dick and really didn't like him, but mipa has kinda grown on me. I have to admit some of the shit he says really makes me laugh. This is a forum to voice your opinion. He is voicing his. A moderator has no right to tell him to shut up. I don't get how some guys are all the second amendment, the second amendment. How about the first?

Just noticed that there are some forum sponsors who post prices and others do not, the ones that do not are not doing the right thing

I was going to bring this up to a mod. Not the legality of it, but it's annoying to click on an ad, go to the ad, and then see "offers" listed as the price. Then telling me the items are listed on ArmsList with a price. Pretty god damned shady if you ask me.

Before the separate Marketplace opened, the WTS ads were listed under the In The Community section which has the below rules. When it was moved, the rules did not follow.

As far as the rules for posting here...
1. All posts must begin with WTS, WTT, or WTB. If your ad does not start with one of these abbreviations it will be deleted without warning.
2. All ads must contain a full description of product. Please include the most trivial of details. Do not assume that everyone knows what you are talking about. This is not an auction site. A sales price must be included in a WTS ad. And if possible please include a picture.
3. Only Premier Members are allowed to post ads. Any posts made by newly registered posters, or obvious trolls, will be deleted without warning. If you believe that your marketplace listing would add to the forum, please send a message to a moderator or admin to get approval.
4. No selling for anyone else. No listing weapons that your dad, brother, friend are trying to get rid of.
5. If the item is no longer available, please update the post. SPF doesn't mean SOLD. Once a item is sold the post will be locked for a month or so, then deleted. It is your responsibility to create interest. Please keep your ad fresh. All unbumped ads over two months old will be deleted without warning.
6. Do not post in the ad if you have no interest in the item. Unnecessary chatter will not be tolerated. Do not bump ads for "nice guys" or "sweet rifles". This is a very social site with the appropriate forums for yakking it up. The MarketPlace is not a social forum. If you have a legitimate question, then by all means ask it. All unnecessary posts will be deleted without warning.
7. There is a Feedback forum. Use it! Good or bad, let us know.
8. Lastly... don't be a douche. Honor your commitments. wink.gif
9. Any questionable items will be deleted at once. We do realize that there is alot of grey area, anything that seems questionable, will not be tolerated in this section.
If you have any questions, please ask a moderator or myself.
Maksim N. 

•  

The same rules or with slight modification that PK90 mentioned should apply to forum sponsors who advertise firearms for sale without posting a

price or linking to another website which gives a price or sometimes does not. Frankly, whoever runs this website might have potential liability

for permitting this practice to continue. It is bullshit to see something here for sale without a price posted, this gives the seller an opportunity to

play favorites and everyone should be on an equal footing and be able to purchase the item at the same price. Just my two cents. Would you buy anything at

a store that did not have prices posted?

I know why they would do it on here and online - to drum up more interest and to get people to contact them.  If someone's truly interested in a gun that's advertised, they'll call for the price.

On the other hand, some people will take that poorly and not give the vendor their business.  That's their prerogative.