Jump to content
Ray Ray

Beretta 92X

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

I absolutely hate it.

 

Because you're going to buy one?

I think the frame mounted safety alone will draw in some people that were on the fence. The steel frame will probably help with the balance of the brigadier slide.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whoa... This is the first 92 variant I WANT to get.

This gun looks squarely made for gun games.

Fiber optic sight.. check.  Frame mounted safety?  Check.

Extended takedown pin which is made for being used as a thumb rest? aha.

As long as it is around $750... will be a huge hit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Maksim said:

As long as it is around $750... will be a huge hit. 

If the Walther Q5 Match is well over a grand AND the M9A3 is 800 clams you can expect this abortion to be 1200 pesos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

If the Walther Q5 Match is well over a grand AND the M9A3 is 800 clams you can expect this abortion to be 1200 pesos.

The Q5 SF Match is grossly overpriced for where it is, around $1400.  M9A3 is too at around $800....

Around $750 to $800 I would be all over it.   Considering a base M9 is now under $500 in many places. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve said it at other times... decocker, I prefer slide mounted. Safety, frame mounted.

Glad to see Beretta put out the frame safety model again... but to be completely honest... absolutely zero interest in it. I actually have a lot more interest in the APX over that (in hopes it made it through the CBP trials). My SP-01 fits the bill well enough.

The only 9x model I may consider if they brought it back... the Type M (single stack). Wanted one for years, but didn’t want to get another handgun where I’m paying $100 per magazine. Do that, allow it to be compatible with the G conversion... and they can take my money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Screwball said:

I’ve said it at other times... decocker, I prefer slide mounted. Safety, frame mounted.

Glad to see Beretta put out the frame safety model again... but to be completely honest... absolutely zero interest in it. I actually have a lot more interest in the APX over that (in hopes it made it through the CBP trials). My SP-01 fits the bill well enough.

The only 9x model I may consider if they brought it back... the Type M (single stack). Wanted one for years, but didn’t want to get another handgun where I’m paying $100 per magazine. Do that, allow it to be compatible with the G conversion... and they can take my money.

APX?

Eh, don't know what the hoopla is all about.  It is not that good.  Or at least, from my impressions with it at Shot Show and a few stores.

I have not shot it, but dry firing it and really playing with it?  Eh, it's cheaper, but don't know if it is better in any way.

I would not mind getting one to play around with though... time to reach out to beretta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Maksim said:

APX?

Yep...

CBP put out pretty specific requirements for their new sidearm(s). Polymer... three sizes (can be chassis, but must have compatibility across sizes to an extent)... 9mm... optics ready.

Figuring Glock and SIG submitted. Beretta APX fits the bill, and the newer S&W M&P seemed close to meeting the specifications. Heard H&K and FN being mentioned... but not familiar with their lines.

I’ve heard enough good about it that I’m interested. Personally, I’d like to see it come in above the P320... if submitted (after losing the military contract, I’m sure Beretta is submitting to every contract that comes up). Even if it doesn’t win, CBP likely is authorizing one or two other pistols that passed... giving options for personally owned duty sidearms.

Guess I would like to just see Beretta back in the hat again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ronhonda said:

This gun is 10-15 years late. It would have been a killer! Party's over Beretta, you came too late.

Although Beretta does things differently in regards to releasing guns and options, this one seems like it will sell.  Will I buy one?  No.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a diehard 92 fan, there are things about it I like and others I don't.  The sights, rounded trigger guard and steel frame are interesting.  I'm less enamored by the vertec grip, and I'll need to get used to the frame safety and how that might affect the trigger.

Considering I just bought the LTT to add to the collection I'll wait until I can hold this one before I decide.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mustang69 said:

As a diehard 92 fan, there are things about it I like and others I don't.  The sights, rounded trigger guard and steel frame are interesting.  I'm less enamored by the vertec grip, and I'll need to get used to the frame safety and how that might affect the trigger.

Considering I just bought the LTT to add to the collection I'll wait until I can hold this one before I decide.

Personally I like the Vertec grip - fits my hand nicer.  

Looking at the design you most likely can get a standard size grip to go around it that is more like the standard 92 grip shape - my M9A3 comes with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ronhonda said:

This gun is 10-15 years late. It would have been a killer! Party's over Beretta, you came too late.

Beretta will do well with these new 92 series pistols... The series itself is Loved and deserves it... Love them.

At some point they might want to play with other calibers as well... maybe a 45acp..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, remixer said:

Beretta will do well with these new 92 series pistols... The series itself is Loved and deserves it... Love them.

At some point they might want to play with other calibers as well... maybe a 45acp..

 

 

No!  I disagree.  That's like making a 1911 in 9mm.  Only idiots build and buy those abortions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, remixer said:

Beretta will do well with these new 92 series pistols... The series itself is Loved and deserves it... Love them.

At some point they might want to play with other calibers as well... maybe a 45acp..

 

 

sure, loved... but pretty much everyone who wanted one bought one a long time ago.

45 ACP?  why?  You well know that this would be wasted money... it's all about the wunder-9 today... can't give away a 40 s&W, aka the Beretta 96.  Plus with the stresses on that open slide.

Is the 92X going to get some fan boys to buy one?  Sure... but at nearly 2.5x the cost of a new Beretta M9 or 92FS.... tough sell.

Now if they made a 92 in polymer... that would have people interested.

But its like the Sig P226... only so much innovation you can do to the platform.  Sig had the competitor version, the USPSA edition and that was largely a commercial failure.  And when Sig came out with the Legion 226... or the x5 version... there were no lines out the door to replace their old 226s.

Glock on the other hand... gets a much higher percentage of people upgrading their guns.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Maksim said:

sure, loved... but pretty much everyone who wanted one bought one a long time ago.

45 ACP?  why?  You well know that this would be wasted money... it's all about the wunder-9 today... can't give away a 40 s&W, aka the Beretta 96.  Plus with the stresses on that open slide.

Is the 92X going to get some fan boys to buy one?  Sure... but at nearly 2.5x the cost of a new Beretta M9 or 92FS.... tough sell.

Now if they made a 92 in polymer... that would have people interested.

But its like the Sig P226... only so much innovation you can do to the platform.  Sig had the competitor version, the USPSA edition and that was largely a commercial failure.  And when Sig came out with the Legion 226... or the x5 version... there were no lines out the door to replace their old 226s.

Glock on the other hand... gets a much higher percentage of people upgrading their guns.

 

cant giveaway any 40.. regardless of the manufacture. 

A poly version would be as shit selling as the CZ SP01 poly...   The attraction to the 92 is the metal frame.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information