SpecialK

I AM AN AMERICAN!

I had my interview and took my oath today:

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the armed forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

I am a citizen of the country I love so much now. Today was such a great day for me. I am proud to be an American!

not so fun fact: I first put in my application for United States citizenship, which among the many requirements involves a FBI background check. I first put in for my FPID over 5 months ago and still have not been issued said FPID. I am proud to be an American, but I can say as an American New Jersey sucks!

• Like 2

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the armed forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

I am a citizen of the country I love so much now. Today was such a great day for me. I am proud to be an American!

not so fun fact: I first put in my application for United States citizenship, which among the many requirements involves a FBI background check. I first put in for my FPID over 5 months ago and still have not been issued said FPID. I am proud to be an American, but I can say as an American New Jersey sucks!

CONGRATS! :D I know you have been waiting for this!

Before i became a citizen it took me just over 6 months to get a FPID card,i took my oath last month.

Welcome and congrats.