bry@n

Message received via pm asking for a straw purchase

This ia what i receives today.

Hello i am interested in buying your mossberg 500 are you still accepting the 235$ for it and do i need an fid with me (i dont have one) im going to be moving to a cheaper area but the crimes higher so i need a little life insurance ya know what i mean and im going to be going to work so my grandfather whos going to be living with me will be home alone hes in a chair and 80 years old i hate to have to leave the poor guy home without something in case some crook breaks in its more for him than me and if your okay with this do you have any shells on hand i can buy from you also?????

I mean really? I will send the mods the info on this guy but jeez, I'm not sure what to think with this.

It was bound to happen sooner or later........no FID is required to post here or read the classifieds and pm sellers.

I wouldn't give the guy/girl the time of day! RUN, do not walk to the nearest exit!

Dave

I know you can't sell to anyone without an NJ FID but I would think it is also against the law to try and purchase without one.

It would be nice to set up someone like this by contactng the police first and then getting them arrested, let them put that in their news story.

^^^^^^^. This. ^^^^^^^^^^

Might be time for more active oversight of the classifieds area...some type of gate keeping so to speak.........

I don't know about requiring an FPID or such to post and browse the classifieds (how would you keep track of that anyway. photocopy and have maks keep all your info on file?), but I can get behind maybe a warning or something that pops up when you enter the marketplace that informs you that you'll need either an FPID+COE or PPP for firearms transfers.

J0n

Invited and this was my reply.

You need to have the proper documents in order to buy the shotgun. That means you need a FID and matching drivers license to complete the sale.

Doing so without the necessary paperwork, would result in a straw purchase and a felony being committed. I will not break the law for you or anybody else. Your more than welcome to purchase the gun after you've attained the legal documents needed for such a transfer

Thanks for your interest And happy new year.

Skullfreak1987 was the user name.

I responded to be polite a d inform them it was illegal. Were they trolling (whoever they are) yes but it warranted a response. I value my rights, my freedom and the citizens if this nation.

It was a new name with no posts. A troll that's trying to cat h me riding dirty. Lol

Had to use that phrase. Always wanted to say something like that but I am such a good person now it doesn't fit. Doesn't fit in this situation either but sounded comical.

BTW, this is not what a Straw Purchase is.

Sent from my DROID4

I guess your correct. It would be an illegal transfer and not a straw purchase.

Either way it's illegal.

Thanks for correcting me

You really think njsp would do anything?

maybe not, but i bet there are cops on here that would love to get in on this with Bry@n and scare the eff out of this kid.

bluelinefish, kpdpipes, tactical turtle, high exposure to name a few