EWC88

Today is a very sad day...

I spent the weekend at my gf's parents house which I usually do during weekends. Well I came home today to see my dog had died in my back yard. My mom came home saying she was alive before she went to store, she put her outside while she went out for 30mins. She told me while I was gone she thought we would have to out her down because she started getting really ill during the weekend, but she went on her own. She was older but still I miss her so much.

R.I.P to a great dog, I love you Noel ;(

We are thinking it was just her time. She had alot of issues her whole life, she was a diabetic, German Shepard with the leg issues, etc. My mom told me on Friday she started not to be able to control her self going to the bathroom and started breathing differently and everything. My mom said she really thought today we would bring her to vet to get put down because my mom said she felt the dog was telling her its time. She said she went outside and laid down on our grass, my mom said she was breathing when she left. When she came home, same time as me, she was gone...it really hurts bad, she was so loyal and sweet. I can picture her right now rolling in the grass on her back cause she loved doing that...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, I know how hard it is to lose one of our dear friends - they are members of the family.  This poem helped me feel a little better when Kirby my 15 year old Husky died a couple of years ago:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Author unknown...

Thank you everyone for the kinds words. Howard that is a lovely poem thank you for that.

We rescued this dog and they where unsure of she but our vet believed she is in the 10-12 year old range. We are thinking she does from her pancreitis issues. ( can't spell that word at all )

Thank you everyone for the kinds words. Howard that is a lovely poem thank you for that.

We rescued this dog and they where unsure of she but our vet believed she is in the 10-12 year old range. We are thinking she does from her pancreitis issues. ( can't spell that word at all )

Very sorry for the loss. We had one of our dogs die last year from the pancrentis as well unfortunatly our went way to young for his breed (Boston Terror) He just got really sick went to the vets got on meds seemed better then just took a turn for the worse and died on the way back to the vets. he was only 9.

At least it sound like your dog went peacefully laying on the grass in the yard he loved.

Once again very sorry for you.

She saved you the anguish of making the decision on what to do. I've experienced it both ways. I understand how you feel having been there.

If only all our pets could go like this. Was fortunate to have one like this, the rest we had to make the decision to do, which really sucks.

Sorry for the loss. I had a 16 year old GSP that passed away years ago. I got there before she went and tried to get her to an animal hospital. She didn't make it through the car ride. I feel your pain. They are family and the loss does hurt.

So sorry man, that always sucks. Take some time to remember your beloved Noel and let the wound heal some. Then maybe you can consider another puppy...

I'm sitting here crying (glad I'm in a cublicle) remembering my 16 yr old retriever who moved with me cross-country twice and stuck by my side thick and thin. Now we have a rescued retriever and she is a doll; she doesn't remove the pain but makes it a little more bearable.

Sorry for your loss man....I am about to get a puppy for my 7 year old Daughter....and the reason ive waited this long is exactly because of when he or she dies i didnt want my Daughter to be too young to be able to understand and get past it.