ryan_j

"Reasonable deviations" to be clarified in exchange for 10 rounds

No way, no how. This is not a compromise it is a shafting of property owners. I wouldn't accept this for concealed and open carry because once you give them an inch they will keep taking till there is nothing left.

Let Kiev be an inspiration to us to take back our country before it needs to be done with bloodshed!! We have to find a way to take the blinders off the idiots voting in these morons that want to screw us in every way they can - starting with stripping us of our rights that our constitution guarantees us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, he has a billion scandals to his name already and people are already saying they don't trust a North East republican

OK, then he'll sign it.

As for "people already saying they don't trust a North East [sic] Republican," he has been the absolute darling of Fox News since he was elected.

Haven't you heard he solved all of NJ's budget issues? LOL. Well, that's what people have been fed on the national stage for years now. Travel much? Ask around. He's the second coming.

I think the problem here is that we have to give up something to correct something visibly bad.

Why we have to give up our magazines in return for something that the state should do anyway to correct a law that is fundamentally flawed?

"Sources say the gun control advocates initially pushed back against the bill but eventually agreed to the compromise after the early measure was scaled back."

mother f'rs had to make the pro gun side compromise on their compromise.  notice how they didn't say, we'll drop the stopping for a bite to eat at wendys to make it a 12 round limit.  

I want to know who those Advocates are?

Maybe it's just me...but even considering further mag restrictions for a clarification that's already made?! What am I missing about the last sentence? You want them to word the law "it's ok tiny go get your Big Mac and go pee pee"?.... Smh

g.All weapons being transported under paragraph (2) of subsection b., subsection e., or paragraph (1) or (3) of subsection f. of this section shall be carried unloaded and contained in a closed and fastened case, gunbox, securely tied package, or locked in the trunk of the automobile in which it is being transported, and in the course of travel shall include only such deviations as are reasonably necessary under the circumstances.

Hmm, so which 'gun advocates' supposedly accepted this 'compromise'? NJOA or whatever they are? Some fudds that  endorsed Sweeney, so if this so called deal is true, then they are probably his cover.

I certainly hope Lardeux vetoes this, but who knows. He won't win the Republican nomination anyways, never was going to. He may try it though, and if so he has to veto it, to at least be taken seriously for a short time so he can land a fat cable TV gig after he drops out. The whole bridgegate kerfluffle was to scare dems away from supporting him for any possible Presidential run. A strategic move to push the dem faithful back into the fold, after voting for him. He may as well pay them back, especially Loretta Weinberg, by vetoing it. Won't cost him what he will never get, and lets him have a big middle finger back at them.

In any case, buy buy now and next year, and into 16 up till summer. Because after that President Hillary Clinton will come to power. It won't matter if you are in PA or NJ.

And just what should I do with the crap load of 15 round magazines I now have if this passes? I can't sell them anywhere in the free states

that allows 30! I am so tired of this crap......I destroyed all of my 30s......If they want my 15s, this time it's going to be..................................

MOΛΩN ΛΑBE !!!!!!!!!

I'm totally against giving up an inch because we never get it back. BUT remember when you were a teenager and your parents started letting you off the leash a little bit? They'd let you go to the movies with your friends or something. Then if you didn't get in any trouble maybe they'd let you actually drive with your friend to the movie. And then if you were still responsible maybe you could drive with your friend to the movies and then you could go back to their house and spend the night. ...imagine this: we make a deal to accept 10 round mags in exchange for treating handguns no different by law then long guns. Then in 2 years if gun crimes haven't sky rocketed we go back to 15 round mags and still treat handguns no differently than long guns. Then 2 more years if gun crimes haven't gone up we do away with "justifiable need" and become a Shall Issue state. And then this time we wait 5 years and check if in that 5th year stats are somewhat the same and revisit everything based on what has transpired. The only flaw in what I'm saying is who would trust our NJ government to keep its end of the deal?

Sweeney is a lying sack of shit.  During the hearing in Trenton last year he shook my hand and promised me that he would never vote to reduce magazine size from 15 rounds as it would do nothing to reduce crime or violence.  Douche bag.

Sweeney is a lying sack of shit. During the hearing in Trenton last year he shook my hand and promised me that he would never vote to reduce magazine size from 15 rounds as it would do nothing to reduce crime or violence. Douche bag.

That has my blood boiling.

I'm totally against giving up an inch because we never get it back. BUT remember when you were a teenager and your parents started letting you off the leash a little bit? They'd let you go to the movies with your friends or something. Then if you didn't get in any trouble maybe they'd let you actually drive with your friend to the movie. And then if you were still responsible maybe you could drive with your friend to the movies and then you could go back to their house and spend the night. ...imagine this: we make a deal to accept 10 round mags in exchange for treating handguns no different by law then long guns. Then in 2 years if gun crimes haven't sky rocketed we go back to 15 round mags and still treat handguns no differently than long guns. Then 2 more years if gun crimes haven't gone up we do away with "justifiable need" and become a Shall Issue state. And then this time we wait 5 years and check if in that 5th year stats are somewhat the same and revisit everything based on what has transpired. The only flaw in what I'm saying is who would trust our NJ government to keep its end of the deal? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 round mags WAS the compromise, and is has been shown not to matter one bit.

It is time to go back to no limit.

Sweeney is a lying sack of shit.  During the hearing in Trenton last year he shook my hand and promised me that he would never vote to reduce magazine size from 15 rounds as it would do nothing to reduce crime or violence.  Douche bag.

too bad your hand was not covered in malaria.. 

Politicians have been known to lie and play both sides of the coin one or twice especially in campaign season..lol

Does "reasonable deviation" apply to people with CCWs?  The reason I ask is because I think SCOTUS may hear Justifiable Need and (fingers cross) may overturn that.  Now, if that's the case, perhaps Sweeney is thinking that CCW in NJ is going to happen inevitably.

I think they might try to get the 10 round mag thing in before that happens, or before people stop losing interest in gun-control.

You need to wash that hand in a mild bleach solution to get the stink off.

15 round mags WAS the compromise, and is has been shown not to matter one bit.

It is time to go back to no limit.

Yes, when they went to 15 rounds they told us it was to save lives. Now they want to go to 10. Anyone seeing a pattern here?

So let me see if I have this straight, they want to clarify an already stupid law; and in exchange they want to further cripple our ability to defend ourselves against lawless predators?