Heavyopp

State of Emergency for snow -- Did anyone actually get any?

I'm in zip 08846 --  Right in the corner of middlesex county where middlesex, union, and somerset counties all touch

We where predicted 12+ inches a few days ago --  We might have 1/16th of an inch --  a dusting of snow

Why the state of emergency?  Why shut down non essentials statewide?

I'm starting to get concerned with the property taxes -- The borough is already complaining about the money spent --

State of emergency lets them exceed the 2%cap --  How exactly does this work?

We get 5 even 10 days a year with a state of emergency declared, and the townships can raise our taxes whatever they like for the rest of our life

You know once the extra money spent is recuperated they won't lower our taxes 

I think this one was a little premature with a statewide state of emergency --  even our local schools had a delayed opening 

Bunch of sissies...

As I sat in the plow truck this morning at 3:10 the snow started to fall at 4:10 the snow stopped. We had a dusting, but could not tell because of it being blown around. This was in the Phillipsburg, Lopatcong, Pohatcong,Greenwich area of Warren County.

im in passaic county, both my home in wayne nothing and passaic at work nothing. Not even flurries or a dusting.

Thanks Chris.  Beat me to it.  Sitting in my office in Wayne looking at zero new snow.

I agree with the OP that it's a disgrace that they shut down state and county facilities based on a forecast, especially since the latest forecasts

were for hardly any snow in north Jersey.

The storm shifted south like stated few days ago. Northern CO's aren't getting anything...precipitation on radar for some northern areas never made it to to the ground...all got pushed.

Explained here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152294630083352&set=np.433699738.653935161&type=1&theater&notif_t=notify_me

From the predicted 12-18+ to nothing is a blessing here in NW Warren County.  However, the declared SOE was not a bad idea IMHO.  At the time a  decision needed to be made and given the information available not a bad decision.  Yes we knew it was changing moving south but how much and how far was still up for grabs.  Add in possible icing conditions which are the worst and you could have a real mess with little or no salt available.  Been a bad winter overall, since 1996.  I for one am enjoying the "miss" and hope we have seen the last of this.  I'd be happy with "normal" March weather right now. 

A dusting in eastern Bergen, however I did watch a salt truck dumping salt on route 17 north in Waldwick at about 3:40am. By dumping I mean had the hydrolics on the back in full extension while dumping it out the back while parked in the shoulder. :blink:

Got 4-6 inches in Manchester--don't know if I will be able to get out!  Would have had greater accumulation if it had not been for the rain and warm temperatures that preceded the onset of snow.  As it is, this is pretty crippling.  Might have to wear boots.  At least that is the message I am getting from the TV News.  I would not dare to venture outside in this snowmaggeddon nightmare!

What I do not understand is the news stories about stores selling out of snow shovels and such.  After 10 or 12 or more storms this season?  This many people are just now deciding it might be time to pick up a snow shovel that they did not need for the last dozen snows?

With the snows we have been having, and given the POS they sell today for a snow shovel, yea I can believe you would need a replacement by now.

That's why I go to yard sales and pick up old hand tools for a song.  Quality from a bygone era.

Cape May Court House, 08210. 6-8 inches. 16:22 - still some flurries.

I was honestly surprised that a state of emergency was called, usually if it happens in South Jersey and doesn't effect Trenton and north - they don't care.

This is the most snow we have received in Cape May County all year. I'd say this specific storm laid more snow then all the other storms this winter combined - in Cape May County that is.