Hi Everyone,

The answer to the question as to if it would help for individual members of the NRA or any Second Amendment organization, is YES!

As some of you know Nick and I are members of the CJR&P (Nick for many years more than I).  Nick is a regular speaker at the monthly meetings and provides an update to the members.  President John Scott did all he could do relating to the NRA by writing a personal letter to them.  They did respond but refused to get involved.  They handed John some legal BS about getting involved with a Pro Se (Non attorney) But NIck and I think it goes much deeper than that.

When SAPPA contacted them close to a year ago, they didn't even give us the courtesy of a response. Keep in mind both John's letter and ours did not ask for money.  In fact we stated clearly the SAPPA Group only wanted the NRA to help get this lawsuit some publicity. 

What Nick thinks, and I agree, the NRA has a fabulous cash cow with dollars flowing in everyday.  It might be that if this Purpura v. Christie et al lawsuit is successful the Federal Ruling which would cover not just NJ, but every state in the Union, some of that cash might just dry up.

When the SAPPA Group gives presentations to groups, we generally cover this topic by equating it to what would happen if a scientist notified the press on a Friday evening that on the following Monday he would announce a complete cure for every known type of cancer.  This fine scientist would not live to see Saturday morning.

But having said that, any contact by members of any club or organization would help.  The SAPPA Group has already sent over 20 letters to NJ and National gun Clubs.  We have received modest support from a few in terms of "atta boys, go get em".  But that's about it.  NJ2AS did put a notice of our suit in one of their Bulletins. 

The SAPPA Group will travel anywhere to give a presentation to organizations or groups. (We have been doing this for over a year now) So if anyone belongs to a group that might be interested, let us know.  We never charge a fee. We only require that we be allowed to start our presentation prior to all other club agenda.  We have found that if members have to sit through an hour or more of club business most of them, by the time our presentation starts, are looking for the door instead asking questions.  Our presentation takes about 20 minutes and depending on how interested the group is the Q&A could go longer.

Thanks again,

Dwight

and

Nick

How about contacting Alan Gottlieb from the Second Amendment Foundation and Alan Gura? Gura actually came to a NJ2AS  meeting a few years ago. They may be interested in helping where the NRA isn't.

Yes, Jim R. is our national/regional rep( and as linked above has other states interests too) out of the home offices of the NRA and also we have ANJRPC with their  Mission:

The Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs, Inc. is the official NRA State Association in New Jersey. Our mission is to implement all of the programs and activities at the state level that the NRA does at the national level. This mission includes the following:

• To support and defend the constitutional rights of the people to keep and bear arms.
  • To take immediate action against any legislation at the local, state and federal level that would infringe upon these rights.
  • To coordinate the interests of all rifle, pistol and/or shooting clubs in New Jersey.
  • To promote and sponsor local and state championship competitions as well as sectional and regional championships in all recognized shooting disciplines.
  • To support and promote all other firearms activities such as hunting, collecting and bench rest shooting.
  • To promote, organize and conduct firearms training.
  • To encourage interest in participation in firearms activities by all, and especially minorities, women and juniors.

No idea if it will even be read but I sent this note to the NRA-ILA through the web contact form:

"I write this note to urge the NRA-ILA to take an active role in communicating the activities of a well-organized and prepared grass-roots effort to bring NJ into compliance with the 2nd amendment.  While there have been many thwarted attempts in the past, the efforts of SAPPA-TPATH are taking the fight in a new direction - notably to Federal Courts - and bring to NJ citizens the same rights available to those in other states.  There is not enough space here to list the reasons why I feel the NRA should be involved, or for me to detail the effort, though I urge you to review the materials at the SAPPA group web site www.tpath.org/sappa.html.  NJ NRA members are watching, and a visible response from the NRA is expected.  Thank You."

They normally don't jump in until the end so they can claim credit.

I'd like to add a corollary to this.

They usually don't jump in until the last minute when they give up some new compromise to the enemy after there has already been an agreement so they can be responsible for sealing the final deal. This is why PA had 100% SYG agreed to but had to settle for 80% SYG when the NRA finally got around to showing up.

This does not change the fact that ALL of us have to be NRA members. They are all-in, Gun Culture 2.0 on the national level, and the only thing standing between us and the gun grabbers.

It would seem the ANJRPC is failing miserably at their stated mission,  Can they be replaced as the official NRA state association?

The only thing I ever seen them do is send out emails to contact your reps to oppose this or that. I have yet to see them be pro active, as in, maybe trying to fight the crap already on the books.

• To support and defend the constitutional rights of the people to keep and bear arms.
  • To take immediate action against any legislation at the local, state and federal level that would infringe upon these rights.

Cherry Ridge is a nice range, and Scott Bach makes cogent arguments at the hearings for new legislation, but other than that, I'm not seeing much ANJRPC action towards repealing NJ's unconstitutional/de facto ban on carrying and restrictions on transporting.

Other than receiving emails from ANJRPC to contact your reps to oppose this or that, what have you guys done to help ANJRPC?

Listen, I'll readily admit that I am not as informed on this situation as some of you are. But I've seen talk like this before. No organization is going to do your job for you. Not even for $35 a year, although the $35 helps as does the body count. You have to do it yourself. 2A organizations are nothing more than facilitators to help you help yourself for the most part.

If you want to say, "But, but SAF did this" or "Gura did that," well, they are great people. But those days are over. Obama packed the courts with hundreds of judges using the Nuclear Option (budgetary process) and Clinton is going to replace at least 2 supreme court justices. And, No, they won't be Dems by default just because the two oldest are 2 years older than our Rs.

The only thing I ever seen them do is send out emails to contact your reps to oppose this or that. I have yet to see them be pro active, as in, maybe trying to fight the crap already on the books.

Thats my personal biggest peeve with them. They're good about email blasts and showing up at Trenton hearings. But when all is said and done the State gets its way with another horrid gun law- not so much lately, not for a lack of trying(!!!) but for a few vetoes. But once a law is passed its here to stay. Has any anti gun law/infringement/statute/admin code/regulation etc EVER been challenged in court much less rescinded by their efforts? Seems once its law, its law....I dont believe ANJRPC was ever meant to take on the heated modern legal aspects so much as to promote the sporting side of firearms and be a binder group for the industry. They give a token resistence because, well. its in their ballpark. they run a nice range and I'm grateful for that but they are not a force to be reckoned with on the state legislative/judiciary level.

Hey All,

As I reported last week Nick decided it was time to take this to the next level.  We had decided not to let what we have been doing, in that respect, out in the open until we got some firm idea of the response it would get.

Nick has approved the public release of what we have done.  We will posting that information late this afternoon.  Also I'll post all of it on the SAPPA Web pages, here.

Thanks everyone, I'll be back with the latest after Nick and the other leadership approve of the post I'm preparing.

Regards,

Dwight

www.tpath.org

Hi All,

Here it is. As promised.  The latest effort the SAPPA Group is working on to get this case moving.

Dwight

and

Nick

I'll post the update here in its entirety.  If any of the links do not work just click on this link to go straight to the article.

http://www.tpath.org/taking-a-new-turn.html

Also you might enjoy a new article we posted for one of TPATH's Contributors

RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT  http://www.tpath.org/it-s-reckless-endangerment.html

A SAPPA Group
Filed by Dwight Kehoe
Update & Report

November 19, 2015 ~TPATH~ Trenton, NJ- Over the past several months a quiet battle has been raging.  The leftist power machine, compromised of both State and Federal ideologues, has had its hands full and its wits tested as it deployed dirty trick after dirty trick in its battle to eradicate the lawsuit known as Purpura v. Christie, et al.

After each announcement of an intended ruling, Mr. Purpura filed an additional document to be added to the Official Court Record.  The documents laid out many previous Federal Court rulings and precedents which would be used in the intended appeal of any unconstitutional or illegal ruling.  As a result, each of these ruling dates have come and gone, without the scheduled decision. 

The SAPPA Group is now ready to reveal the next step in this battle for our Bill of Rights.

Since the Court has refused to answer any questions, nor have they addressed any of the positions Nick made in those documents, nor have they made any rulings, we can only presume they have no idea what to do next.  That my friends, is a good thing.

Mr. Purpura, on the other hand, finds himself in no such position.  We are now ready to reveal publically what we have been doing to move this case from the obscure shadows of delay and avoidance and bring it further into the light of scrutiny.

There is a little known rule which requires any sitting judge to open an investigation into activities which are unethical or inconsistent with the rules of the court.  This applies especially to the Chief Judge of any Federal Court, whether it be the District, the Circuit or the Supreme Court. 

We have proof, residing in more than circumstantial, of several unethical and procedurally infirm events having taken place in regards to the Purpura v. Christie, et al,  Federal lawsuit.  Mr. Purpura prepared a formal request to the Chief Judge of the District Courtin which he laid out, in clear and chronological terms, the unsavory and possibly illegal activity of the Federal District Court in Trenton. 

In that package he included several letters and other documentation detailing the goings on.  As of this date, that package has been delivered by special USPO Priority mail and we have a notice that the office of the Chief Judge has received it.  That letter can be viewed and downloaded here:  Letter to Chief Judge Simandle.

Once we received the confirmation that Judge Simandle’s office had the letter and the package in its possession and that sufficient time had passed for the Judge to review the documentation the SAPPA Group, in cooperation with TPATH, issued a Press Release informing the media of this action.  The Press Release was sent to over 20 Newspapers here in New Jersey.  We did get confirmation from a few of them acknowledging the receipt of the Press Release.  As of this writing it is not known if any of them intend to cover this story.  Read and download that Press Release.

Also as of this time we do not know the status of the requested investigation that Chief Judge Simandle is required to perform.  When we find out, so will our readers.

​CONTACT SAPPA  

A NOTE FROM TPATH:

It’s important to address several queries we have gotten from a few supporters.  The concern is that this lawsuit may have more trouble than it might have had in the light of the recent mass shootings both here and abroad and that those events might bolster the left’s demagoguery concerning the fear of firearms.  Actually, those atrocities are having exactly the opposite effect.   Events such as those, when they occur and people are ruthlessly and methodically slaughtered as a result of laws which have kept them defenseless, the more right thinking people begin to understand if they are to survive an incident like that, having armed “good guys” is the only sane answer.

One needs to know and to never forget, there are two groups of people who make up the “gun control” advocacy group.  The “Brainwashers” and the “Brainwashed”.  The Brainwashers are the leftist government people who need an unarmed population in order to dictate and rule without fear.  The Brainwashed are those who are used by them to do the dirty work of joining the chorus demanding the disarming of law abiding citizens, even as these used fools fail to realize it is they themselves who are as likely to become victims of that ideology.  Why do they help those who would keep them defenseless?  Well, because they are naïve and a little stupid which makes them perfect candidates for “Brainwashing”. 

It's well known, you can't fix stupid, but you surely can take advantage of it.

CONTACT TPATH

I commend your actions. However, you might have wanted to wait for a response prior to issuing a press release. I know it is exciting and we're on the edges of our seats, but don't you fear that somebody might make a phone call to the judge?

So what happens when the investigating judge-should it actually come to that- drags their asses too? Remember thats part of the problem, collusion.

In the legal world we live in (specially NJ), what-ifs are useless.  We just have to continue to push it forward.  

If you don't say anything (superior Judge in this case), they can claim unawareness. Once you put things in writing, they officially know they are becoming part of this problem. 

Hi All,,

The leadership of SAPPA discussed in detail and at great length as to what time would be most appropriate and the most effective to announce our request for an investigation.

It was unanimous that after having given the Judge a few days to read the information we sent him, that his next motivation might come from a question or two from the press on the subject.  No one really knows how the Judge will react, but what we know is it is imperative that we keep the pressure on, in any form we can muster.

Hopefully you all have read the letter we sent to Judge Simandle and saw that we treated him with respect as we did Judge Shipp.  We are not looking to create enemies or bad feelings but we need for them to know we are serious and that we do not intend to sit around for years waiting for them to do the the job they were hired to do and to defend the Constitution consistent with the oath they took. 

Thanks for the responses to today's post.  We really do appreciate all your thoughts and comments.

I'll keep you posted on anything we hear from the Chief Judge.  By the way, he was appointed by Bush.  When you compare him to Obama appointees that can't be bad, provided you forget that it was Bush who appointed Roberts. LOL

Regards,

Dwight

Hey All,

Just finished a meeting with Nick and a few SAPPA Group members.

We decided to spend a few days trying to get the video we produced to talk show hosts or anyone who might have some connection to the public.

For those of you who may not know, the video has been re-edited and we think it has a compelling message that should be seen by as many people as possible.

As of now we have not asked anyone in this forum for anything but tonight that is going to change.  My partners asked me to ask you guys to take the link to this video and spread it far and wide.  But that is not all, we need some vols  who are willing to call the Court Clerk for Judge Shipp and ask her, her name is Kim, if she would get the link to the video to the Judge.  We also need someone to do the same for the Chief Judge Simandle, we do not know at this time what his clerk's name is.

All of us in the SAPPA Group have been in Trenton, had our names associated with the law suit often enough that if we tried to get this video link to them it might be considered as attempting to influence the Court.   That is why we need volunteers who are not members of SAPPA to do this.

If you haven't seen the revamped video check it out here;  

It can also be found doing a YouTube search "In Support of the Bill of Rights"

So if anyone or all of you want to help in this effort here is an example of what you could say when you call.

"I have been following the lawsuit Purpura v. Christie in blogs and various websites when I ran across a video.  I thought to myself after watching it that the Judge handling this case should see it.  That's why I'm calling to ask you if you think the Judge would be interested in seeing it."

Of course anything you wish to add or if your approach would be different, that would be fine.  Any effort would be beneficial.

Nick understands its not a pleasant thing dealing with most of these people on the phone, he endures it often. lol

Here is the contact information:

Chief Judge Jerome B. Simandle [Camden]  856 757 5139

Judge Micheal  A. Shipp  (Trenton)  609 989 2065  Judge Shipp's Clerk is Kim (She is quite nice, we have spoken to her on several occasions)

Okay, that's our request to you guys and gals.

If you want to contact us or have any questions or wish to report what you could do send  an email to  [email protected]

Thanks again,

Dwight

and Nick

PS Even if you can't help with this let me know what you think of the reworked video.