njpilot

Looks Like A Terror Attack In Paris

Maybe if they would have hit these 20 targets when they learned about them, these attacks would never have happened. Maybe the recruiting center that was hit today would have had the attackers from Friday. Maybe the command center would have been housing the ISIS leaders that initiated/authored these attacks.

The French response to Friday's attacks should be so severe that it makes the world gasp in horror.

It won't be.

Correct.   Did you ever see the West Wing episode "A Proportional Response?"   I think that's their midnset... :facepalm:

While most will clap and say "Yea, France", I look at this as a total failure. So, am I to believe that 20 targets just appeared for the French to bomb in the last 24 hours? Or....is the truth that we had the intel on at least 20 targets that haven't been bombed before? Why? What this all tells me is a complete lack of will. If someone wanted to send a message, emptying 20 B52's would have been a message rather than twenty surgical strikes with ten aircraft on targets that should have been destroyed a long time ago.

True. Let's hope this is only the beginning and there will be many more. I believe these might be the first attacks against Raqqa, their "capital. Like Vietnam, we've are playing a stupid game of night fighting to win. All for show.

My gf thought it was ""badass" what France has done. I told her let's wait and see. After they burned the Jordanian pilot alive, the Jordanians did a few bombing runs and we haven;t heard of anything since.

When we had troops in Iraq/Afghanistan, the war was over there.  Now we don't and they are taking the fight to us on our own soil.  It's only a matter of time until you see a Paris/Mumbai style attack here.  Perhaps, at a mall during Christmas, Times Square, or on a rush hour NJ Transit train.  It's only a matter of time.

ISIS and Jihadis have a safe haven in Iraq/Syria now much like Al Qaeda had in Afghanistan when they launched the 9/11 attacks.  They can coordinate, plan, and train freely.

The fertility rate in the Arab world is like 3+ children per woman.  They breed like cockroaches.  A never ending supply of jihadi recruits to draw from the poor, desperate Arab Street.

Arab democracy is an oxymoron.  Those people deserve strong man rule and dictators, because they're savages otherwise.  Let Assad, Russia, France wipe them all out.

Correct.   Did you ever see the West Wing episode "A Proportional Response?"   I think that's their midnset... :facepalm:

Yes!  That is one of the only shows I really enjoyed watching.

Unfortunately, I tend to agree.  The French President said he will wage a war without mercy, but I fear that statement was reflective of his personal conviction, not that of the entire French leadership.

He may have to settle for a "Proportional Response" to appease the liberals. Then the French would miss the window of opportunity to strike back hard with shock and awe.  As I stated earlier in this thread, we missed our opportunity to strike back for our second Pearl Harbor (9/11) which was an act of war on our soil.  We should have wiped these terrorists off the face of the earth, 

Hard to do when half the country thinks that the terrorists will suddenly become nice if we just talk to them and try to understand them.

More like 2/3 to 3/4 IMHO! Unfortunately!

Our future leaders are in college now. I would bet if you asked them about the attack in Paris.

1) Half would ask "What attack?"

2) 1/4 would say "they deserved it for what they did in the Civil War, or some war"!

3) The rest would say "it was George Bush's fault"!

These are the future leaders of our country! May God bless our souls!!!

More like 2/3 to 3/4 IMHO! Unfortunately!

Our future leaders are in college now. I would bet if you asked them about the attack in Paris.

1) Half would ask "What attack?"

2) 1/4 would say "they deserved it for what they did in the Civil War, or some war"!

3) The rest would say "it was George Bush's fault"!

These are the future leaders of our country! May God bless our souls!!!

You kidding? Those entitled little baby's at Mizzu are complaining about all of the news coverage of the Paris Attacks. They say there's terrorism on their campus too.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/11/14/heres-how-some-mizzou-protest-supporters-reacted-when-the-paris-terror-attacks-grabbed-headlines/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Firewire%20-%20HORIZON%2011-15-15%20FINAL&utm_term=Firewire

You kidding? Those entitled little baby's at Mizzu are complaining about all of the news coverage of the Paris Attacks. They say there's terrorism on their campus too.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/11/14/heres-how-some-mizzou-protest-supporters-reacted-when-the-paris-terror-attacks-grabbed-headlines/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Firewire%20-%20HORIZON%2011-15-15%20FINAL&utm_term=Firewire

Very sad that they WILL be our future leaders!!!

Obama is hoping a big one happens here. He denied the small ones because he inherited a SOLUTION from Bush, and a stable Middle East was handed over to him. He abandoned everything and either encouraged or caused the destruction of about 7 countries. Now it is so bad he can no longer wave his hand or sweep it under the rug, or pretend it doesn't exist.

One big attack like this here and Obama will blame it on Bush and a dozen other countries invading Iraq, ban guns, and maybe martial law if there is a quick follow-up attack. It's Obama's wet dream. Three attacks and Obama will surrender the US to ISIS. Probably cut a great deal, 8,000 pages of terms. We'll have to be not allowed to read under penalty of death to know what's in it.

That wasn't directed at you. A few people in this thread stated similar sentiment.

But, for the sake of argument, let's say 1/3 of the people were armed with handguns. Let's even say that they all have decent guns with average capacity chambered in a reputable defensive round. Guns designed with combat in mind - no Taurus Judges, no Ruger LCP, no .25ACP Ravens, no J Frames. Let's go one step further and pretend everyone had at least one reload for their CCW and everyone was actually trained to use a firearm effectively. How do you CCW your way out of a suicide attack initiated by the detonation of multiple suicide bombs where the bombers are supported with rifles and grenades, while in a large crowd, trapped in a theater, or stadium.

After all, how close do you want to be to a suicide bomber and stay outside the lethal blast area? 25 yards, 50 yards, 100? Now are you good enough with your CCW handgun to get hits from that far away?

I am trained to respond to these events - alone or in a team. I have trained many others to do the same and I have studied these incidents and their response my entire professional career. I am not saying that if I was there and carrying I wouldn't have fought to keep me and mine alive and get them out - I would have. I am not saying that if I was there I would rather have been unarmed than carrying a concealed pistol, that's silliness. I am just being a realist and stating that I know that my CCW pistol and I are not going to save the day and the fact that there is, or is not, CCW will play very little to no role in the overall outcome of the event besides the news naming someone a Hero and maybe getting a memorial bridge named after them.

If you survive it's probably because you weren't caught in the initial blast or ambush and were near an exit when it kicked off. It's improbable that you fought your way out - even the 1/3 of you that are armed.

In the end, it is the responding forces that are properly equipped and trained as a team that will end these large scale, multiple attacker, combined arms events that cover great geographical and densely populated areas. Not the guy with a CCW out at the theater/stadium/bar/store with his family.

Agreed 100%, especially the parts I bolded.

Ok, thought since it followed my post....you weer responding to me.

But I agree with what you're saying regarding a suicide bomb laden, full-auto equipped pack of terrorists vs a bunch of 9mm CCW.  The CCW's aren't going to save the day.  But I think it's possible that some of the people the French and other countries are burying would have had a chance to go home if they were armed.  There isn't a CCW that will save you from a suicide bomber 30 feet away from you when the first hint of him is the explosion.  But if you're out of the kill zone, I think you're chances are better.. not great... but better... if you're armed and properly trained.  But another challenge if for most of us here, finding ourselves in that sort of situation is not an "every day event".  We may not react well.  For someone like yourself who has been trained, you pretty much already know how you'll react.

But I'd still argue some people will have had a better chance if they were armed.  I don't know how many terrorists were at each location, but from what I've read it didn't seem like dozens.  More like a few or may 5 or 6.  So not an impossible situation, regardless of how they were armed.

If I were advising them... I'd say.. be careful what you wish for....  To the terrorists, they are no less an infidel than the dead people in France.

This was a good read and synopsis.

http://cdrsalamander.blogspot.com/2015/11/and-then-there-was-paris.html

For decades, despite evidence and experience, Europe in general and France in particular has allowed the continued immigration of a people who do not, as a body, assimilate and are hostile to their host culture. They do not wish to become part of it; they first want to feed off it it, then destroy then replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Below is an opening paragraph from an AP report on the attacks at the Stade De France. A proper end for the lowlife terrorist scum.

The suicide bombers' remains, clingy flecks of flesh spread in a 10-meter (yard) radius around where they exploded, were flushed down the drains of the city they sought to terrorize, washed away by municipal workers with detergent sprays and power hoses.

Ok, thought since it followed my post....you weer responding to me.

But I agree with what you're saying regarding a suicide bomb laden, full-auto equipped pack of terrorists vs a bunch of 9mm CCW.  The CCW's aren't going to save the day.  But I think it's possible that some of the people the French and other countries are burying would have had a chance to go home if they were armed.  There isn't a CCW that will save you from a suicide bomber 30 feet away from you when the first hint of him is the explosion.  But if you're out of the kill zone, I think you're chances are better.. not great... but better... if you're armed and properly trained.  But another challenge if for most of us here, finding ourselves in that sort of situation is not an "every day event".  We may not react well.  For someone like yourself who has been trained, you pretty much already know how you'll react.

But I'd still argue some people will have had a better chance if they were armed.  I don't know how many terrorists were at each location, but from what I've read it didn't seem like dozens.  More like a few or may 5 or 6.  So not an impossible situation, regardless of how they were armed.

Umm...

An unarmed US Airmen stopped a goatfucker with a full auto in France recently. Saved the day.

A guy with a handgun stopped two goatfuckers with rifles in Arizona several months ago. Saved the day.

And, an unarmed guy tried to tackle a goatfucker during a school shooting out west about a month ago. Got shot between 5 and 7 times, lived. Did he save anybody? Not sure.

Only thing for certain in this thread is you won't save the day. I mean, seriously, how many times does this need to happen in a year before some of you stop hiding your cowardice behind some conjured scenarios that, while fairly realistic IMO, are frequently refuted.

Not everybody has to run to the sound of gunfire. You can also lay on the ground and play dead and hope the cops show up before they shoot you while you keep your gun in your pocket. Everybody has to make their own decisions. They are tough ones, and you should try to make them in advance.

But do not encourage people to be helpless. That's not very productive. You always have a choice, and you can always make a difference.

Soon this place will be like NYC. Where 40 people on a train do nothing while one guy bashes out another person's brain with a hammer. TWICE.

The us government did in a way help Isis. They trained them to fight Assad in Syria. They also left millions and millions of dollars worth of equipment that Isis now has.

Also I understand but don't support them. If there was a foreign invader in my homeland id fight. But these guys are savages. They kill innocent people and even children. So they need to be eliminated