HBecwithFn7

H.R.4269 Assault Weapons Ban 2015/2016 - WH Petition

There is now a White House Petition activated to stop the above bill (HR 4269) - The Assault Weapons ban of 2015/2016. 

It needs 100,000 signatures by 01/16/2016. It has only 5557 as of this writing. Passing it along so all can sign. Please pass this onto other 2A forums.

White House Petition - Stop the Assault Weapons Ban of 2015...

I'm in, but I don't think they "need" a particular number of signatures.  I believe it's just a matter of setting a goal that will be substantial and impressive.

Which makes me wonder, then, who set that goal and, perhaps, was it set artificially high as to make our effort and numbers "puny and impertinent..."   :facepalm:

HBecwithFn7, on 28 Dec 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

There is now a White House Petition activated to stop the above bill (HR 4269) - The Assault Weapons ban of 2015/2016. 

It needs 100,000 signatures by 01/16/2016. It has only 5557 as of this writing. Passing it along so all can sign. Please pass this onto other 2A forums.

White House Petition - Stop the Assault Weapons Ban of 2015...

Done

This should be a sticky in every sub-forum on this site, and on every gun forum/sub forum in this Country...Hint, Hint... Mods. Please help get the word out. Don't see any reason why this cannnot be done if we make the effort.

am i being overly paranoid if i think they're using this to collect a "list"?

If there is a list, it's the same list hundreds of constitutional sheriffs and cops are on.  The same list thousands of war vets are on.  The same list my shooting buddies are on.  Why should THEY be the only ones to stick out their necks?  Can I be happy with myself knowing THEY are fighting for my rights while I sit on my skinny ass.  The answer is obvious.

Stay low, dont make any noise, don't object, don't stand out, we will be safe.  That's what millions of jews thought in 1934.  At the height of Hitler's reign, less than 10% of germans were Nazis.  Coincidentally, the 90% of germans who were not nazis probably had similar thoughts.

am i being overly paranoid if i think they're using this to collect a "list"?

paranoid is the new normal. just like a portion of society is being dumb-downed some of it is being smartened-up. RE: some NJ FFL's carrying a (new list) 3rd "black/ar rifle" book... sorry for going off topic....