EX Carnival man

If you use your gun this is what you're up against.

Mabey a little 12 gauge rock salt in the ass would be better. Just like the farmers used to use.

No.

If you're going to shoot, use the most effective weapon system you have at hand. There are no half measures in self-defense - The very definition of which is "it's going to be you or it's going to be me." If that's what it's come down to, I'm gonna do my best to make sure that it's you, and not me, to take that ride in the ambulance.

You always shoot to stop the aggressive and dangerous behavior of your attacker. You never shoot to wound, to maim, to scare, or to injure.

• Like 1

Enough of the Goody-Two-Shoes BULLSHIT!  Frankly, given the same set of circumstances, together with my superior gun handling skills and over 45 years of experience, and being tired of having my shit stolen by hoodrats, I most probably would have done the same thing.  Florida is a BIG place.  You can drive 12 hours and not leave the state.  The PoPo aren't just around the corner at the donut shop.  Free Americans are tired of being told what to do, how to think, what to say, how to feel, when to COWER, etc.

Dave, you are usually a voice of sanity and reason on this board, but in this case you disappoint me.  

Let's concede for the sake of this discussion that we don't know if the homeowner felt threatened, so we can't judge whether shooting the perp was an appropriate response or not.  But if the issue is just loss of property, please tell me you and others don't really believe that the use of lethal force is warranted.  

Regardless of the laws in a particular state, lethal force should only be used to protect against loss of life or serious bodily injury.  

Not only do I believe that to be morally correct, but no less of an expert than Massad Ayoob would agree with me.

Do people here really have such little regard for human life that they would kill someone to prevent them from running away with their Ipad or television?  I really don't think so.   I sincerely hope that's just bluster from being caught up in this heated discussion.

• Like 2

Do people here really have such little regard for human life that they would kill someone to prevent them from running away with their Ipad or television? I really don't think so. I sincerely hope that's just bluster from being caught up in this heated discussion.

I have the same regard for human life that the criminals do.

• Like 1

Regardless of the laws in a particular state, lethal force should only be used to protect against loss of life or serious bodily injury.  

What if it was a priceless heirloom?  Something that's completely irreplaceable or has great sentimental value?  It's still your property...  Why should someone be allowed to run away with it if you could stop them?

Also - what if it was a weapon of some sort?  Stolen weapon to use against someone else?   

What if it was an essential piece of medical equipment to keep yourself or a loved one alive and healthy?

There's lines that can and should be drawn...

• Like 1

We have tried a "civil" deterrent for criminals and it has not worked.  It's time for disparate punishments.  Texas has a death penalty that results in far less murders being committed because they actually execute really really bad guys.  Is that not civil?

• Like 3

When you have generation's of the useless scumbags that  thinks its ok to steal, murder , rape , etc. YOUR YOUR GAME PLAN HAS TO BE RE EVALUATED. ITS TIME TO DRAW A LINE IN THE SAND AND DAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH,   BUT THAT'S JUST HOW I ROLL

I think you guys are missing some valid points. I don't think anyone will shed a tear over this situation except the homeowner who is going to be sued into poverty. A legal shoot does not make you immune from getting shredded in a civil lawsuit. In my mind if I was awakened and came to the top of the stairs armed and saw some guy starting to make for the door with my TV, he's not worth shooting. Ill command him to stop but I have homeowners insurance for that bs. If he starts coming up the stairs towards me and my family, that's a wildly different and more defensible scenario, particularly if I issue verbal commands to stop before shooting him.

We all agree this guy was sh!t but the sad thing is even if they don't bring charges against her, she will unquestionably be raked over the coals by this losers family, even though she lives in Florida.

• Like 2

As far a I'm concerned, humans +1, animals -1. How else was he supposed to get money? As though he is entitled to burglarize homes! I can't believe such a statement was made! 

He deserved to die. His death most certainly saved the innocent lives of his future victims, had he lived, as well as countless taxpayer dollars to try him multiple times and eventually

incarcerate him for life or execute him. One less thug!

As far a I'm concerned, humans +1, animals -1. How else was he supposed to get money? As though he is entitled to burglarize homes! I can't believe such a statement was made! 

He deserved to die. His death most certainly saved the innocent lives of his future victims, had he lived, as well as countless taxpayer dollars to try him multiple times and eventually

incarcerate him for life or execute him. One less thug!

I felt the same about Travon Martin as I do about Travon Johnson.  There killing most likely saved lives and both family members years of headaches and heart aches and the public of this generation and the next 3 generations. 

Dave, you are usually a voice of sanity and reason on this board, but in this case you disappoint me.  

Let's concede for the sake of this discussion that we don't know if the homeowner felt threatened, so we can't judge whether shooting the perp was an appropriate response or not.  But if the issue is just loss of property, please tell me you and others don't really believe that the use of lethal force is warranted.  

Not only do I believe that to be morally correct, but no less of an expert than Massad Ayoob would agree with me.

Do people here really have such little regard for human life that they would kill someone to prevent them from running away with their Ipad or television?  I really don't think so.   I sincerely hope that's just bluster from being caught up in this heated discussion.

Sorry Frank.  We'll have to agree to disagree.  I go with the flow as far as laws are concerned.  I don't have any Goody-Two-Shoes left in me.  I've seen too much in my 56 years.  As far as I'm concerned, they can all come out on platters.  It's long past time to teach the Animals a lesson.  The "How else can he get money for sneakers" line by the Kin is proof of an animal mindset.  When a animal has rabies, you put it down.

In general, what you Jersey folks don't understand is beyond your comprehension due to a generation's worth of self-reliance being stripped-away along with our CCW rights.  Too many of you have sat in classrooms (at a hefty fee I might add) being dictated to about what a textbook "Good Shoot" is.  Truth is most are complicated and happen FAST, just like in WAR.  The streets are a WAR ZONE of sorts, and the Bad Guys hope that we Good Guys stop and weigh things in our head before we do anything (like shoot their asses).  In fact, they count on it.  "Deer-in-the-headlight" syndrome has killed lots of Good Guys.  Even well-trained Cops can freeze instead of act.  It's a SURVIVAL GAME out there people.  That female homeowner has to live with what she did or didn't do for the rest of her life.  That's punishment enough without having to deal with all of us Monday Quarterbacks judging her after what she legally did.  It's as if we're some sort of GOD panel on the moral obligations of armed man.  

Do I have to remind everybody here about the Rules of Engagement?  That if you're a hostile intruder stepping "feet-dry" onto a military plane your ass can be SHOT and your body dumped back out the door onto the tarmac even though you didn't reach for your weapon?  It's the LAW, and we do this and have done it!  It's PRESUMED that your entry onto US "soil" is a potentially deadly threat and so deadly force is authorized under International law.  So we need to lose the "High and Mighty" "Jersey-Speak", and put on our thinking caps and learn from the rest of untainted Free America.

We now continue to beat this to death as part of our regularly scheduled program........

• Like 5

I must say there seem to be two schools of thought in this entire thread.

One is 'here's how I behave while I'm king'. If I were king I'm sure I would share some of those sentiments, especially if it was my will imposed country wide and without exception.

The other is 'here's how I behave while in the U.S.A in 2016". This is the school I participate in, although i disagree with some of its precepts.

I do this because I will not deliberately screw myself just to demonstrate that I disagree with the state of our legal system, and in particular some of its inhabitants.

This woman made her point, and saved nothing else for herself. Now she waits to see if the legal system, and in particular the family of this kid, will make their's. 

How much satisfaction will she have in the end?

On my scale, not enough.

One more thing: I will never deliberately insert myself into a situation where I might optionally or necessarily use a firearm. I could lose.

• Like 2

I must say there seem to be two schools of thought in this entire thread.

One is 'here's how I behave while I'm king'. If I were king I'm sure I would share some of those sentiments, especially if it was my will imposed country wide and without exception.

The other is 'here's how I behave while in the U.S.A in 2016". This is the school I participate in, although i disagree with some of its precepts.

I do this because I will not deliberately screw myself just to demonstrate that I disagree with the state of our legal system, and in particular some of its inhabitants.

This woman made her point, and saved nothing else for herself. Now she waits to see if the legal system, and in particular the family of this kid, will make their's. 

How much satisfaction will she have in the end?

On my scale, not enough.

One thing for sure she walked away with in the end was her life. That can't be replaced. 

What was George W. Bush's first thought when he got to the White House in 2001?

Who stole the W keys on all the keyboards?

Actually, it was probably who stole all the silverware and the furniture. I still can't believe these people aren't in jail yet. I guess the threat of dirt, lawsuits, and death are pretty persuasive.

Actually, it was probably who stole all the silverware and the furniture. I still can't believe these people aren't in jail yet. I guess the threat of dirt, lawsuits, and death are pretty persuasive.

Not only will they never go to jail, Hillary will be the next POTUS unfortunately.

Funny how little it's mentioned in the media that the Clintons trashed and looted the White House when then left.