gleninjersey

How Often Do You Shoot?

Not enough.  Prob like once a month, maybe even once every 2 months.   I dont know how some people get out there all of the time.  Between work, family, coaching soccer, yard work.... where the hell do people find the time to go all of the time?!?

I averaged 5 to 7 sessions a year as the shooting sports are only 1 of my interests.....then the "Dark Times" came and ammo became astronomically expensive if available at all so I hung on to my ammo and pretty much stopped all together.

I went through 200 rounds yesterday and anticipate another visit sometime in the next few weeks.

Since early August, I've been going about 3-4 times a week. Unfortunately I'm not sure if my wallet can take it much longer :(

Edit: Woodland Park Range is 10-15 minutes away, depending on traffic. I generally shoot about 100-150 rounds of 9mm per session. Looking at other people's shooting habits, the one thing that surprises me is how infrequently people tend to shoot. But I guess I'm just shooting more often because I'm a newbie and the novelty is still there and lucky enough to be within relatively short distance from a range.

I try to shoot once a week but I usually only make it every other week or so. The only reason I can afford to do this is because I have started to reload. Before reloading I would only shoot about once a month. I am lucky though as I am on call from my home so when not out on a call I can get all my work around the house done and I don't have any kids.....YET.

I updated my initial post to inquire how far (time wise) you are from where you shoot. Assuming the closer you are to range the more you shoot.

Being a newer shooter I think I average about every other week. Takes me about 50 minutes or so from my front door to range.

Have really enjoyed meeting a lot of new people during my re-introduction to shooting!