Pizza Bob

Wishing Well to One of Our Own

September 12 will mark the departure of vjf915 (Victor) for the Naval Recruit Traing Command at Naval Station Great Lakes. Just wanted to publicly wish him well as this new chapter in his life unfolds. It was always great to shoot with him. Vic, thank you for your service.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Vic,

“Semper Fortis” (Always Strong/Solid)

"Fair winds and following seas"

"Anchors Aweigh"

"Non sibi sed patriae" (Not self but country)

"Don't tread on me"

”'where's my d*mn coffee?”

And Thank You for Serving!

Oustanding, and dont be the guy that passes out in intake from the big needle. lol Good luck.

LOL, definitely don't be that guy.

Best advice I could give someone going to basic training is don't stand out. Don't be the best, don't be the worst, if your DS doesn't know your name Basic will be that much easier.

If you read this before you leave, good luck and have fun.

Now for some jokes.....

Q. Why does the Navy prefer powdered soap?

A. Harder to pick-up.

US Navy Oath of Enlistment

I, Top Gun, in lieu of going to prison, swear to sign away 4 years of my life to the United States Navy because I want to hang out with Marines without actually having to BE one of them, because I thought the Air Force was too "corporate," and because I thought, "hey, I like to swim...why not?" I promise to wear clothing that went out of style in 1976 and to have my name stencilled on the butt of every pair of pants I own. I understand that I will be mistaken for the Good Humour man during the summer, and for Waffen SS during the winter. I will strive to use a different language than the rest of the English-speaking world, using words like "deck, bulkhead, cover, and head" instead of "floor, wall, hat, and toilet." I will take great pride in the fact that all Navy acronyms, rank and ensignia, and everything else for that matter, are completely different from the other services and make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I will muster (whatever that is) at 0700 hrs every morning unless I am buddy-buddy with the Chief, in which case I will show up around 0930 hours. I vow to hone my coffee cup handling skills to the point that I can stand up in a kayak being tossed around in a typhoon, and still not spill a drop. I consent to being promoted and subsequently busted at least twice per fiscal year. I realise that, once selected for Chief, I am required to submit myself to the sick, and quite possibly illegal, whims of my new-found "colleagues." So help me Neptune.

LOL, definitely don't be that guy.

Best advice I could give someone going to basic training is don't stand out. Don't be the best, don't be the worst, if your DS doesn't know your name Basic will be that much easier.

If you read this before you leave, good luck and have fun.

Now for some jokes.....

Q. Why does the Navy prefer powdered soap?

A. Harder to pick-up.

US Navy Oath of Enlistment

I, Top Gun, in lieu of going to prison, swear to sign away 4 years of my life to the United States Navy because I want to hang out with Marines without actually having to BE one of them, because I thought the Air Force was too "corporate," and because I thought, "hey, I like to swim...why not?" I promise to wear clothing that went out of style in 1976 and to have my name stencilled on the butt of every pair of pants I own. I understand that I will be mistaken for the Good Humour man during the summer, and for Waffen SS during the winter. I will strive to use a different language than the rest of the English-speaking world, using words like "deck, bulkhead, cover, and head" instead of "floor, wall, hat, and toilet." I will take great pride in the fact that all Navy acronyms, rank and ensignia, and everything else for that matter, are completely different from the other services and make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I will muster (whatever that is) at 0700 hrs every morning unless I am buddy-buddy with the Chief, in which case I will show up around 0930 hours. I vow to hone my coffee cup handling skills to the point that I can stand up in a kayak being tossed around in a typhoon, and still not spill a drop. I consent to being promoted and subsequently busted at least twice per fiscal year. I realise that, once selected for Chief, I am required to submit myself to the sick, and quite possibly illegal, whims of my new-found "colleagues." So help me Neptune.

Luckily they dont wear the old work uniform any more. The new ones are much nicer. Leave the seaman alone....

I didn't even see this until now, after Ray told me about it. Bob, thank you for the public recognition. Thanks to everyone else for wishing me well too. As I type this, I'm in a car on the way to MEPS, about to ship out. I'll try to update this thread after I get out of boot camp.