Howard

Thank god for global warming!

Well if is was not for Global Warming I can only imagine that this picture might have been 20 below this morning:

16446564970_efc0a0ab58_z_d.jpg

Then there was this when I threw a cup of boiling water into the air this morning and it all vaporized before hitting the ground

Yea, same reading here in Blairstown.  Freaking cold. Has been a long time since I saw these temps.  Lowest I recorded here was -19F many years ago, but never such a long period of just bitter cold.  Wonder who had the coldest temp.  Malusa possibly up in the hills of Sussex County?

Surprisingly, the top of the mountain was NOT as cold as the valley today.  I hit -8.  Vernon, 700 feet lower than me hit -14.    When I travel from work at 50ft to home, it's not unusual to be 10 degrees colder.  Typically, it's 3 degrees colder from just down in Vernon.  Sussex county Airport was -15 this morning.

"Snow" in GA

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

schools are closed , gov shut down :)

PS I still believe in climate change , whether it caused by human or just part of the cycle is a different question thou .... ether way we should preserve and conserve ...

I find it very arrogant that men think they can effect the climate on this planet so adversely by industrization.

The naturally occurring events in the cosmos have put this planet through FAR worse than mankind could ever dream of doing.

This planet, and the cosmos, will kill mankind and every being on the planet LONG before mankind develops the capability of doing so.

For those who disbelieve global climate change... http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cag/time-series/global

You, and they, have to be freaking kidding.  The series starts at 1880, the earth is hundreds of thousands maybe millions of years old.  Such an analysis is akin to looking at a persons income for life and say that for an hourly worker his income is on a major decline looking at a week that he only worked 15 hours.  It's horse crap.  Weather, climate, whatever changes - that is nature.  Even if one could show actual warming there is nothing that ties it to man, and nothing that proves it is bad.  I can argue that warming is a great thing as it might save us from the next ice age in the event of major volcanic activity or a major asteroid hit both of which would block sun light for decades.

To deny that global warming has been occurring is ridiculous. However blaming global warming solely on humans/ industrialization is just as ridiculous. It has been proven that over the life of earth it has gone through warming and cooling trends well before humans were ever around. Are humans adding to global warming? Probably, but there is no evidence that humans are the sole reason for global warming.    

To deny that global warming has been occurring is ridiculous. However blaming global warming solely on humans/ industrialization is just as ridiculous. It has been proven that over the life of earth it has gone through warming and cooling trends well before humans were ever around. Are humans adding to global warming? Probably, but there is no evidence that humans are the sole reason for global warming.    

Exactly........

In 500-1000 years..... when the trend reverses.....   They will coin a new term for it...

You, and they, have to be freaking kidding.  The series starts at 1880, the earth is hundreds of thousands maybe millions of years old.  Such an analysis is akin to looking at a persons income for life and say that for an hourly worker his income is on a major decline looking at a week that he only worked 15 hours.  It's horse crap.  Weather, climate, whatever changes - that is nature.  Even if one could show actual warming there is nothing that ties it to man, and nothing that proves it is bad.  I can argue that warming is a great thing as it might save us from the next ice age in the event of major volcanic activity or a major asteroid hit both of which would block sun light for decades.

The earth is approximately 3.9 billion years old.

Just sayin.

The earth is approximately 3.9 billion years old.

Just sayin.

Right. The 150 or so years we have been recording temperatures are an insignificant statistic, there is not enough data to come to any intelligent conclusions.