Malsua

Looks like snow...

It appears as if a big snow storm is about to clobber NJ, specially Northern NJ.

I got 8 Inches of snow yesterday and it appears we're going to get about twice that where I live and even more to the east near NYC.

If the cold holds and it should, this could shut the northern half of the state down as the snow totals could get upwards of 2 feet.

Or it could go out to sea, and we get a flurry. lol.

Make sure you get Eggs, Bread, Milk and Toilet paper stocked up, since apparently every sits around eating French Toast and crapping it out during big storms.

and I'm scheduled to drive up from FL Monday morn......maybe we'll stay a few more days, darn it

If you're arriving in NJ on Monday morning, it'll probably just be nuisance snow from the Clipper, if you were planning on arriving at 3am Tuesday, leave now or rethink your plans.

Hopefully it's cold so that we get light and fluffy instead of wet and heavy.

It's supposed to be which is why snow totals should be higher than the forecast amounts since they generally use the 10:1 ratio and this cold air should bring 12-15:1

More snow, yuk! :(  Went out to clear the driveway yesterday and my snow blower was acting funny.  Had no realized that when I tried to clear the wet slush we had a few weeks ago there was something wrong with it - I thought it was just the slush was too much for the beast.  Took a quick look and saw I had broken one of the sheer pins.  Had never had that happen before.  Fortunately I had a package of them and quickly got her back in operation.  At least I am ready for more white crap if it happens now.

More snow, yuk! :(  Went out to clear the driveway yesterday and my snow blower was acting funny.  Had no realized that when I tried to clear the wet slush we had a few weeks ago there was something wrong with it - I thought it was just the slush was too much for the beast.  Took a quick look and saw I had broken one of the sheer pins.  Had never had that happen before.  Fortunately I had a package of them and quickly got her back in operation.  At least I am ready for more white crap if it happens now.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I usually can clear the driveway in under an hour, but 90 minutes later I still had half to go. So i decided to take a peak and notice one of the pins missing. I finished up the rest by shovel and then made the trip to Lowes....all sold out of the size I need, hit up HD...yep, all sold out...local HW store, you guessed it, all sold out. Took the ride to phillipsburg Lowes at found the last one in stock. Sales guy said people have been buying the all day.

So moral of my post, check your pins to make sure they are there and if not, goog luck.

I get it it if you live in the less populated or more "remote" areas of NJ and it takes FOR EVER for the plows to get to you.  But for most of NJ the roads are cleared in a very reasonable amount of time (24-48 hours or less).  It's one of the few things the state government seems to get right.  I appreciate the people working hard to clear the roads.

I just don't get the panic buying of "break, milk & eggs".  It's not like most people are going to be snowed in for a week.  I lived in boonies of Kansas for a few years.  Never saw this kind of reaction to snow.  Friggin' sheep.

I get it it if you live in the less populated or more "remote" areas of NJ and it takes FOR EVER for the plows to get to you.  But for most of NJ the roads are cleared in a very reasonable amount of time (24-48 hours or less).  It's one of the few things the state government seems to get right.  I appreciate the people working hard to clear the roads.

I just don't get the panic buying of "break, milk & eggs".  It's not like most people are going to be snowed in for a week.  I lived in boonies of Kansas for a few years.  Never saw this kind of reaction to snow.  Friggin' sheep.

Yep, I'm not suggesting to not be prepared, but the panic that's fed by the media and how people eat it up is comical.  The rest of the country in the snow belt laughs at us I think.  I live in Sussex County, it doesn't get much more rural than here (for NJ anyway) and getting out has never been an issue.  

The sure-footed traction of Subaru Symmetrical All Wheel Drive helps, too.  (SPAM) 

I'm originally a Texas boy, so I don't get the milk, bread, and eggs thing either. What are y'all doing, making French toast?

My wife, (a south Jersey girl), usually elbows me in the ribs when I ask that question, but she doesn't have an answer either!

shadow is tanked up

jeep is tanked up and the plow is on

got 30 gallons in cans for the generator

generator has 8 gallons in it, staged and tested

plenty of food in the house

firewood is in and stacked

ready as I'll every be.

I'm originally a Texas boy, so I don't get the milk, bread, and eggs thing either. What are y'all doing, making French toast?

My wife, (a south Jersey girl), usually elbows me in the ribs when I ask that question, but she doesn't have an answer either!

It. Really should be Sam Adams, and frozen pizzas and redbox.

Broke the snowblower out of the shed for the first time since last year. Started right up but I noticed a sheared pin. Yay.

Oh, screw that, how did I get dragged into this? I've been reading 8-16" until now.

JC explains it here: http://www.weathernj.com/kaboom-snow-map-for-tonight-through-tuesday/

The clipper is already approaching the Ohio Valley and is looking strong! It will transfer to the OBX area, move towards the benchmark (40N/70W) and bomb out to a very strong low pressure system (sub 980mb). It might actually retrograde/stall before pulling away. This is a natural recipe for a major snow storm for New Jersey and surrounding areas. Should the storm stall longer than expected then 24″+ accumulations are possible...

Weather NJ is also one of my go-to places...NOAA at Mt Holly has 18-24 for home and 24-36+ for work.  I'm guessing I have Tuesday off.  I need to know timing of this thing, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to get heavy until late Monday.  The clipper coming through is only dropping a few inches, so no biggie there.

Guess it's time to break the snowblower out of the shed...  Boy is it buried - will take me an hour just to reach it.

heh.......i dunno if we're really gonna get anything significant down here in camden county.....but i just test ran both the blower, and the generator.......