njpilot

Looks Like A Terror Attack In Paris

More keywords are being peppered in the MSM

1. They used "assault" weapons like AK47s.

2. They "reloaded" multiple times

3. We could "just walk into theater by showing ticket only. Poor security".

Are they freaking morons? What security would have stopped these mad men besides either: A) Heavily armed guards strategically placed as well as plainscloths guards. B) A sizeable handful of conceal carry people within the crowd? If they had metal detectors or they padded people down they just would have shot their way inside.

Nothing else would have stopped this.

Yeah its coming here. Probably sooner than we think. Is this what its going to take for sweeney and others to realize this ? Yes thats probably what its gonna take.

Everything is happening faster than we could ever have imagined. Look at the nonsense that dominates the near-nonexistent media. Fake rapes, fake scheisstikas, fake hillbillies yelling "nigger" at non-existent black people. We no longer have a press that is free and inquisitive, that even cares to ask "so where is this swastika comprised of feces? Has anybody seen it?" No, nobody has seen it and nobody under the age of 23, despite being armed with smart phones and smart cameras and smart (except themselves) everything, has ever recorded any of these fabrications because they are, after all, fabrications. Even Fox News is a sham, a mere facsimile of news reporting posing as the conservative perspective. Did you see how that disgusting asshole O'Reilly called one of the country's few remaining reliable journalists a "hack" for writing a well deserved negative review of the former's fictitious book?

F**k Sweeney. If you think getting rid of him will solve your problems, I have a very large but unheated tool shed I can rent you for a mere $12,000 per month. Then I can retire in style.

Errr, speaking of that person "among the nightingales," how is the recall coming along? Just askin'.

If you think your CCW will prevent a coordinated attack featuring automatic firearms, hand grenades, and suicide vests, you need to think again. If you are lucky may have a second to react to it, you may even lower the death toll slightly, but you won't prevent it.

You pull your piece and start blasting, you just called in a whole lot of attention on yourself.

Say there are 6 CCW carriers around, when that other guy skins his blaster in the middle of this scene, what are you going to do? How do you know he is a good guy? How do you k ow he is a bad guy? What do you do?

If you are lucky, the gun will get you and yours out of the immediate attack long enough to develop a hasty retreat plan and beat feet.

Hell, we argue here because when guys do carry its a 6 shot .380 in their pocket because it's more confortable :facepalm: What are you going to do with that?

Sweeney is not the issue Angelo!

WE THE PEOPLE! Are the issue here! It's all about keeping the U.S. Constitution a living document! Not allowing it to fade away into obscurity!

It's up to "WE THE PEOPLE"! Plain and simple!!!! If bad things happen, It's because WE let it happen! Either we defend our oaths or we fade away

into obscurity.

The choice is ours alone!

If you think your CCW will prevent a coordinated attack featuring automatic firearms, hand grenades, and suicide vests, you need to think again. If you are lucky may have a second to react to it, you may even lower the death toll slightly, but you won't prevent it.

You pull your piece and start blasting, you just called in a whole lot of attention on yourself.

Say there are 6 CCW carriers around, when that other guy skins his blaster in the middle of this scene, what are you going to do? How do you know he is a good guy? How do you k ow he is a bad guy? What do you do?

If you are lucky, the gun will get you and yours out of the immediate attack long enough to develop a hasty retreat plan and beat feet.

Hell, we argue here because when guys do carry its a 6 shot .380 in their pocket because it's more confortable :facepalm: What are you going to do with that?

It honestly depends on the number of conceal carriers. One? Good freaking luck. Two? Three? Four? Most likely will be outgunned even if you match in manpower. Still, the chances of survival increase. Ten or more? Now the balance of power may tip. Remember, these terrorists will have much less of an idea who is attacking them than the concealed carriers. Masked men with rifles is an obvious freaking target. People that have smaller arms that look like any concert goer is not so obvious.

Edit: I'd also say in that situation the best course of action is defensive retreat. Not search and destroy the attackers. So what will likely happen is the ones with guns will have a much higher survival rate (as well as those near them) than others. The death toll will only be significantly altered if there are enough concealed carriers.

Last count of casualties that I saw was 158.

How many less would there have been if 1/3 of those people carried?

158 innocents lost their lives to ISIS today! May God bless their souls! We created the void in Iraq which allowed ISIS to come to power! We now more than ever need to to take the lead to destroy them forever!

158 innocents lost their lives to ISIS today! May God bless their souls! We created the void in Iraq which allowed ISIS to come to power! We now more than ever need to to take the lead to destroy them forever!

Terror loves a power vacuum.

Thanks Obama......

On 9-11, a Tuesday, I was off that day and remember seeing the footage of the first hit on the WTC!  My first thought was OMG! What a terrible accident!!!! After seeing the second tower hit, (You will laugh) I began getting my guns and ammo together not knowing what would or could happen next! I remember my wife telling me I was crazy! They are not coming to our house! I did not care, and I kept all those guns at ready for many weeks after!!!

NEVER underestimate your enemy!!!!!

Hopefully, we too will not be disarmed when the need comes for us to defend ourselves and our country!!!!!!!!

I think the world knows how many guns are in civilian hands in the U.S. I also think that fact scares some potential invaders!  You might come in and take over the Government but you will never take over the people!

No one wants such a prolonged war with the casualties never ending!!!  Unless things change, we are the last country anyone would want to invade!! We should take great pride in that fact!

I don't know what the gun situation was in Russia, 1910-1920, but I can tell you that one "official" asshole with one gun, even if it's unloaded, can control a lot of people. That, variously, is the history of dictatorship. If they wanted the Russians, Spanish, Italians, Poles, Argentinians, Germans, etc. could have easily overcome and overwhelmed their oppressors. They didn't and usually don't, however.

How many of us would resist if after the passage of a mandatory confiscation law, with the local constabulary arriving on your block in an armored vehicle: "We have all your gun purchase records. Please bring them down to the street and everything will be OK. Errr, Mr. Wesson, we know you purchased a Smith last year calibered in .45 acp. Please go back and deposit it into the hopper. And the ammo too. We noticed you ordered 3,200 rounds from XXX last year."

Human nature.

I wrote "one third".... not one person. And I didn't say it would prevent the attack. I asked how many would have survived that didn't.

Having fired automatic weapons I can say without a doubt that you could not successfully engage a number of attackers armed with automatic weapons with a semi-auto handgun. Your best strategy as stated before would be a defensive retreat. This would maybe save some lives hopefully your own. 

The attackers will come in with a plan, perhaps trained and no fear of death  so even if there are 10 armed good guys the best that would happen is the bad guys would focus their fire on the good guys. There will definitely be casualties on the good guys side.

I'm not saying that it would have been a bad thing to have armed civilians there just that the attack would still have happened and there would still have been a substantial loss of life.

At least here in most of America some people will have a fighting chance.

I wrote "one third".... not one person. And I didn't say it would prevent the attack. I asked how many would have survived that didn't.

That wasn't directed at you. A few people in this thread stated similar sentiment.

But, for the sake of argument, let's say 1/3 of the people were armed with handguns. Let's even say that they all have decent guns with average capacity chambered in a reputable defensive round. Guns designed with combat in mind - no Taurus Judges, no Ruger LCP, no .25ACP Ravens, no J Frames. Let's go one step further and pretend everyone had at least one reload for their CCW and everyone was actually trained to use a firearm effectively. How do you CCW your way out of a suicide attack initiated by the detonation of multiple suicide bombs where the bombers are supported with rifles and grenades, while in a large crowd, trapped in a theater, or stadium.

After all, how close do you want to be to a suicide bomber and stay outside the lethal blast area? 25 yards, 50 yards, 100? Now are you good enough with your CCW handgun to get hits from that far away?

I am trained to respond to these events - alone or in a team. I have trained many others to do the same and I have studied these incidents and their response my entire professional career. I am not saying that if I was there and carrying I wouldn't have fought to keep me and mine alive and get them out - I would have. I am not saying that if I was there I would rather have been unarmed than carrying a concealed pistol, that's silliness. I am just being a realist and stating that I know that my CCW pistol and I are not going to save the day and the fact that there is, or is not, CCW will play very little to no role in the overall outcome of the event besides the news naming someone a Hero and maybe getting a memorial bridge named after them.

If you survive it's probably because you weren't caught in the initial blast or ambush and were near an exit when it kicked off. It's improbable that you fought your way out - even the 1/3 of you that are armed.

In the end, it is the responding forces that are properly equipped and trained as a team that will end these large scale, multiple attacker, combined arms events that cover great geographical and densely populated areas. Not the guy with a CCW out at the theater/stadium/bar/store with his family.

Having fired automatic weapons I can say without a doubt that you could not successfully engage a number of attackers armed with automatic weapons with a semi-auto handgun. Your best strategy as stated before would be a defensive retreat. This would maybe save some lives hopefully your own.

The attackers will come in with a plan, perhaps trained and no fear of death so even if there are 10 armed good guys the best that would happen is the bad guys would focus their fire on the good guys. There will definitely be casualties on the good guys side.

I'm not saying that it would have been a bad thing to have armed civilians there just that the attack would still have happened and there would still have been a substantial loss of life.

At least here in most of America some people will have a fighting chance.

Agreed 100%, especially the parts I bolded.

Nope. Springfield XD Subcompact 13+1 with 2 spare mags loaded with Hornady Critical Defense. I'll take that over duck and cover any day.

Americans having the ability of being armed will not dissuade these radicals. They are willing to die for their sick beliefs. Big difference than another country invading.

Even if you had CCW in NJ, who here really thinks you'll be allowed to carry in a stadium? I went to a Jaguars game a few weeks ago and left mine in my truck as they were wanding everyone going through the gates.

Sure, we'd all like the opportunity to protect ourselves and our families, but as H.E. & brucin said, against multiple heavily armed attackers, a successful defensive attack would most likely be futile. Best hope is to be able to get out.

I carry every where I go here, unless I have to pass through security like the stadium. We all need to be prepared because we will ,ore than likely see this here. Soft targets like shopping malls.

Situational awareness is key to survival. More so than carrying a handgun.

No one is saying or implying CCW ALONE would have prevented or took care of the hostage issue without any loss of live. There are always casualties in this type of incidents.

CCW/2A is ONE of the many issues that sets the mood, preparedness of society and  conversely what Terrorists may or may not do. 

Remember that ultimate goal of Islamic Terrorism aimed at West  is 

1. Drain Western Citizens of their daily freedom. Freedom to travel, freedom to communication, freedom to criticize, freedom to love, marry and divorce, freedom to be straight or gay or something else, freedom to stay home or party all night, freedom to own things otherwise too expensive or prohibited in some of the countries, freedom to blow things up for sport in the middle of nowhere (without hurting anyone), freedom to do whatever they want (as long as you dont infringe on other Citizen life, liberty and pursuit of happiness). 

2. Bring down Western Confidence a.k.a "Rude Americans" psych.  Among many things legality of CCW (and 2A in general) etc keeps that American "Rude"ness up and that doesn't sit well with many in rest of the World, especially Islamic Terrorists. 

3. Drive Western Govt towards large, controlling institutions and consequently drive wedge between people and Govt. Remember, Sharia Law calls for ultimate control by large institutions where individuals dont exist as self thinking entities. 

4. Drain countries Financially. By doing #3, drain resources, money etc, result in increased taxes, increase unrest

5. Another way to achieve #4 is for certain population to migrate and prolific reproduction.

Bottomline, Islamic Terrorists want Western Citizens to endure same (f'd up life) and law (very controlling sharia) as they do. 

Based on what I have seen, our Govts and Politicians will deliver ALL OF this to Terrorists without much effort on terrorists side. All they have to do is go on rampage once in a while and politicians will do the rest. 

So (lack of) CCW is not just about this particular incident. It plays a part in the large game thats set to run for next couple of hundred years if not longer. 

As for CCW, if I know I'm going to certainly die anyway it would be nice to try to kill one of them first.

That being said, I've never been bombed or shot at so any good rationality and firearms skills would leave me at that point. I suppose my game plan would be GTFO and shoot if necessary.

They have become very adept at tactics which would minimize people fighting back..i.e. drive by shooting..suicide vests..venues which restrict carrying regardless of permit...it's time to kill them before they get here..and we all have to go back to old school thought process if something doesn't feel right and those neck hairs start standing up its time to evaluate the situation and get out of the danger zone

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes because its always better to be passive when held hostage waiting to be executed :facepalm:.

Any chance is better than no chance.

As for CCW, if I know I'm going to certainly die anyway it would be nice to try to kill one of them first.

That being said, I've never been bombed or shot at so any good rationality and firearms skills would leave me at that point. I suppose my game plan would be GTFO and shoot if necessary.

This!

Keep in mind when the coordinated professionals come in to do there job, you don't want to in the way. Or , mistaken for one of the bad guys.

CCW is for Defensive firearm use.

They have become very adept at tactics which would minimize people fighting back..i.e. drive by shooting..suicide vests..venues which restrict carrying regardless of permit...it's time to kill them before they get here..and we all have to go back to old school thought process if something doesn't feel right and those neck hairs start standing up its time to evaluate the situation and get out of the danger zoneSent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They are already here

Yeah its coming here. Probably sooner than we think. Is this what its going to take for sweeney and others to realize this ? Yes thats probably what its gonna take.

You think Sweeney and their ilk care? They will be protected. It is us, the populace, that will get slaughtered like sheep.

I would like to think that if one person was armed at that restaurant in Paris, at least some people would have survived and the terrorist would have been dead. The people of France are sheep, just like we are in NJ. And the people of NJ are too stupid to realize it; they keep electing the same people.

I thought France was a "gun free zone"? If one person was armed, they may have prevented more damage done. Or at least survived to retreat. But France, like Britain is a "gun free zone" country. Their people are sheep to be slaughtered by the muslim wolves. Yet somehow they were able to get weapons?

They are already here. Do you think they are going to attack in Texas or "Gun Free Zone" states like NJ and NY? We are sheep waiting to be slaughtered. Just like NJ politicians want us to be.

Agreed Pete. I don't think anyone is suggesting not fighting back, whether carrying or not, just be realistic in what can be accomplished in such a case

Precisely. I would fight back with a gun or a dull spoon if that's all I had, but I have no illusions of my efficacy with either, or the impact I would have if caught in the middle of a situation like that.

Precisely. I would fight back with a gun or a dull spoon if that's all I had, but I have no illusions of my efficacy with either.

Soooooo, you want to spoon with the terrorists..... Oooooook. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk