Bully

Does Your Spouse Have Access?

She has access to my biometric safe. But not access to my big safe.

The biometric safe has 2 pistols in it. That's for defense and that's why she has access. My big safe she doesn't know the combo. Not because I'm hiding anything. But because she doesn't care.

Yes, technically. But she keeps forgetting the combination.

Same here, but she also has access to the biometric safe, but she won't use the guns in it, she is only comfortable with a .22 rifle.

YES she has access... If you're married and you tell your wife you cant have access to the safe she will think you are hiding something in it that shes not supposed to see!   No safe access = Questions as to where are you, where you been, who are you with etc etc.

plus she might have to save my life one day with something in the safe :)

When I was married she was ambivalent about guns.  She knew how to use them in an emergency, but that's about it.  Then she realized that she could keep her jewelry in the safe and I lost half my space.

No, no access.  That is for her own safety.  I told her that I would love to give her access but only once she learned to correctly handle and use a gun - she wants nothing to do with that, and has no problem not having access.  She would be happier if I did not have access either ;)

Yes and no. My wife does not know where I keep the key to the safe so she does not have access to the safe. That is only because she does not know which ones are worth allot and she tends to be a little rough with them and I don't want any more dings in my investments. However she is competent with a few of the guns and we don't have kids yet so we have a mossy 500 persuader, a AR, and a 1911 stashed around the house and she will carry the 1911 at home from time to time if she feels the need to.

Sorta. She would have to open a special sealed envelope that is well hidden that contains instructions to access all my safes and Swiss bank accounts if I were to become dead or close to.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

No. I do buy guns behind my wife's back and luckily she can't tell a glock from a 1911 or a SKS from a K98. Shes not anti-gun, she's anti me spending the money. She gets to have all the goodies she wants too, so I'm not THAT bad. But if she counted how many guns we had 4 years ago and how many I've got now.. She wouldn't be happy. She just doesn't see them as "investments" like I do.

The key to the glass cabinet is in the safe, but those guns always stay the same.

No. I do buy guns behind my wife's back and luckily she can't tell a glock from a 1911 or a SKS from a K98. Shes not anti-gun, she's anti me spending the money. She gets to have all the goodies she wants too, so I'm not THAT bad. But if she counted how many guns we had 4 years ago and how many I've got now.. She wouldn't be happy. She just doesn't see them as "investments" like I do.

You guys need to read "Gunrunning" by Patrick F McManus from the book "The Grasshopper Trap."

In a nutshell, your wife is usually ok with the first gun.  Her eyebrow gets raised at the second gun.  But the trick is to get to the third gun.  Then it becomes "What do you need all of those *guns* for?"  See, *Guns* as in plural, the collective.  And as long as you have at least 3 empty spaces in your cabinet, your collection can grow from 3 to 300 and she will never know the difference.

Yes, technically. But she keeps forgetting the combination.

Same problem here. She keeps her Baretta in there along with some jewelry. You would think with the jewelry she would remember the combination.

No, no access.  That is for her own safety.  I told her that I would love to give her access but only once she learned to correctly handle and use a gun - she wants nothing to do with that, and has no problem not having access.  She would be happier if I did not have access either ;)

+1 you said it better than I could

Yes and no, She can open it any time she wants, but she can't remember the combo and has a hard time opening it even when she has the combo written in front of her! I also taught her how to shoot, she is pretty accurate too, this way if she wants to shoot me she won't wound me, I will be dead and won't feel a thing. But I don't have anything to worry about since she can't open the safe!