The_Matrix

Can you take the heat?

Just curious, do you guys shoot in this hot weather in an OUTDOOR range?

I've done it before, because I know no one will be there and I have the whole range to myself.  But, man, it can get brutal.

I have also shot indoors during the summer when the place had no AC.

The suffering that I have endured for this beloved hobby. :good:

I hate the heat, I hate summer, and I really really hate humidity.  I dont shoot much at all in the summer.  It takes too long for the guns to cool down and I feel like Im walking in the desert when I go to change a target.  Once in a while Ill hit the indoor pistol range in the middle of the night but thats about it.

I shoot a LOT when it starts to cool off though.  I have all summer to reload everything I shoot in the fall, winter and spring.  By the time summer is over I have a good stash.

Ken

I hate the heat, I hate summer, and I really really hate humidity.  I dont shoot much at all in the summer.  It takes too long for the guns to cool down and I feel like Im walking in the desert when I go to change a target.  Once in a while Ill hit the indoor pistol range in the middle of the night but thats about it.

I shoot a LOT when it starts to cool off though.  I have all summer to reload everything I shoot in the fall, winter and spring.  By the time summer is over I have a good stash.

Ken

Hey Ken, Glad to see your still "around" I sent you a few PMs a few months back...Let me know when you want to do an M1A shoot - even if it is in September...

As for me I hate humidity too...

I did a 1911 pistol 3-steel target shoot  last saturday in a 25y pit at CJR&P, it was so freakin humid...My shooting glasses would fog up by the 7 round in the 10 r mags I run. So between every mag, had to take the glasses off to let the fog disapate, wipe off the ear protectors, and wipe off my head with a towel...Even with that though, still more fun then shooting indoors (which of course is fun also).

Just curious, do you guys shoot in this hot weather in an OUTDOOR range? 

I've done it before, because I know no one will be there and I have the whole range to myself.  But, man, it can get brutal. 

I have also shot indoors during the summer when the place had no AC. 

The suffering that I have endured for this beloved hobby. :good:

You really want me to bring a portable AC?

You guys are spoiled working indoors in your pretty suit and tie, while I work inside an oven aka warehouse garage

Went shooting 2 weeks ago when it was 90+ out, I worked outside for the past 4 years all year round, sitting in the shade on a hot day while not comfortable is much better then working in the sun. So my perception is much different... bring a cooler with water and it's all butter....melted butter...

When winter rolls around i will break out the thermals and snow gear. I have no issues snowboarding at 0F.. and shooting actually allows me to wear thicker clothing since im not gonna get sweaty.. and then freeze my ass off on a chair lift.

Its all about perception...

I was going to go to Range 14 tomorrow to sight in my new AR, but my kid wants to go fishing with pop pop. So, I will bake on a boat in the bay. And I guarantee that I will catch nothing.

their are some weakfish around..

I shoot black powder all year round as well as regular rifles, pistols and shotguns.  I'm a Shootist, so I deal with it.  Hotties in the winter and plenty of water and hide in the shade in the summer.

Any day I'm above ground is a good one!!!!!!!!!

I haven't done much shooting this summer because I am at the race track Saturday and Sunday every weekend racing. You wanna talk about heat............ Wearing firesuits is nice and toasty! I really don't like the heat, throw-in the humidity and I really don't like it, but I deal with it since I love to race! If I wasn't racing, I'd be shooting, and still sweating!

http://www.glaciericetowel.com/

There are other brands including one they sell at home depot. Can't remember the name.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Lowe's has a reusable cold towel too.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_458081-49433-103702_0__?productId=4751315&Ntt=cold+towel&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dcold%2Btowel&facetInfo=

Just sayin :)

Really. Come on. Man up. This aint nothing. So its 90 plus. Thats the best time to help you focus. I work all day in this. Just take it like a man and keep hydrated. Youre not going to die. Try 120 degrees and low humidity. Ive never had a problem. Deal with it and focus.

Cold over heat any day of the week.. You can always put more clothes on but you can only take so many off..

Gona have to second this.  The heat doesn't really bother me but I would much rather do anything in cold weather than hot weather, including shoot.  

I shot half of the USPSA match this past Sunday and it really wasn't bad though.  I had sweat through all of my clothes by the time I left but was not uncomfortable and could easily have shot the other half if I didn't have other plans.